Lt. Commander
# 61
03-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yris View Post
Well, 20 minutes AFTER such a hypothetical crash (less than 1 hour before maintenance and patching, how convenient) , someone at Cryptics could have jumped on the Cryptic Ops forum account and told us about the crash, don't you think?

I am sure this is early maintenance.
No!
I refuse to believe that.
I refuse to believe that ANYONE would be stupid enough to do that when the users are already more than a little bit ****ed due to some "minor issues" in the previous weeks.

But then again that unfortunately doesnt make it completely unlikely.

*sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 62
03-02-2012, 06:47 AM
Nerd rage fueled by addiction. I'd probably be mad too but I haven't slept in 2 days and I don't have the energy for it. Where can I find the patch notes? I'm new, just started 2 days ago. Right after I last slept...
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-02-2012, 06:48 AM
I'm going to go on a limb here and say that server crashed so they said "oh, well, might as well kick start it early".
Either that, or the new golden watch deficiency.
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElrathiaKingii
Nerd rage fueled by addiction. I'd probably be mad too but I haven't slept in 2 days and I don't have the energy for it. Where can I find the patch notes? I'm new, just started 2 days ago. Right after I last slept...
patch notes link

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...38#post4061938

and welcome
Lt. Commander
# 65
03-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void-VectorX
ye complaining wont do anything

i very doubt they shut down the server just for funs and to **** people off,it was either a technical problem or someone pushed the red button becouse it may be the best thing at the time to prevent some problem even bigger?

now the server is down,wait for it to come up,go whatch some star trek tv shows or movies,and the servers will be back up before you even notice it.
They could of at the very least said something on here about it i understand that things happen and maintenance needs to be done but you should ALWAYS keep your customers informed.
Lt. Commander
# 66
03-02-2012, 06:52 AM
Thank you, void.
Lt. Commander
# 67
03-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Well, a F2P game isn't going to be 100% flawless. I for one actually appreciate that for every downtime maintenance they actually Fix things, sure they can only do so much at once but they're doing their best.
Lt. Commander
# 68
03-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusseven View Post
I was pay to play from release but big deal. The skinny of the situation is that things go wrong. They can go wrong often or they can go wrong once in a while. ISPs drop the ball for days at a time without realising it, service providers for online softwares can have massive server dropouts for hours on end even when customers are paying them thousands of dollars. Even redundant backup systems aren't a 100% guarantee. I've worked in those kinds of environments and while it's not pretty, it's real and it happens.

But who cares? it's 40 minutes. Make a sandwich and have a shower and you've made that time up anyway.
^ Some people have crazy or complicated schedules with only so much time to log in and play, so when problems like this happen, people get annoyed. I don't blame them at all. Because of this, I won't get to log in at all today, was looking forward to it too.
Lt. Commander
# 69
03-02-2012, 06:55 AM
I'll admit.. they pulled a fast one on us... but its not so bad. Relax, take a break, grab a bite to eat.

or do what i do now.. watcha bit of TNG xD
Lt. Commander
# 70
03-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporalis View Post
No warning, and very early.. Hamster die of a heart attack?

Cheers

Jim
Sorry ... was eaten by a cannibal tribble ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOXSNES View Post
I'll admit.. they pulled a fast one on us... but its not so bad. Relax, take a break, grab a bite to eat.

or do what i do now.. watcha bit of TNG xD
Was swapping out items from my ship when this happened. Hoping its all still there and not lost in limbo when everything comes back up.
Closed Thread