Lt. Commander
# 71
03-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOXSNES View Post
I'll admit.. they pulled a fast one on us... but its not so bad. Relax, take a break, grab a bite to eat.

or do what i do now.. watcha bit of TNG xD

im whatching Janeway blow up the Voyager against that time-machine-thing
Lt. Commander
# 72
03-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teru-kins
Well, a F2P game isn't going to be 100% flawless. I for one actually appreciate that for every downtime maintenance they actually Fix things, sure they can only do so much at once but they're doing their best.
Not everyone is free to play and those that are not would like to be treated like a paying customer and not just a donator.
Lt. Commander
# 73
03-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureLeadHead
^ Some people have crazy or complicated schedules with only so much time to log in and play, so when problems like this happen, people get annoyed. I don't blame them at all. Because of this, I won't get to log in at all today, was looking forward to it too.
Understandable. Completely understandable. But it's only 40 minutes. With MMOs, by the time you log in and start doing something, next thing you know it would be maintenance time anyway. And that time dilation is a pain I know all too well, friend.
I'm not taking a stab at everyone, don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to educate some of the people here who think that everything should work 100% of the time and go exactly to plan 100% of the time and that this online world revolves around them when the reality of the situation is, I've said it before and I'll say it again; things go wrong. Deal with it. No company is ever 100% reliable, things get missed and people make mistakes.
Lt. Commander
# 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureLeadHead
^ Some people have crazy or complicated schedules with only so much time to log in and play, so when problems like this happen, people get annoyed. I don't blame them at all. Because of this, I won't get to log in at all today, was looking forward to it too.
Fair enough, but in my experience, there are quite a few MMO players (and STO is not without their fair share and then some) who seem to never be happy and have to complain about whatever they can.

I'd say more of the posts on here fall into the category I mentioned than the one you did...
Lt. Commander
# 75
Quote:
UI:
There is now a keybind option to clear the rally point for the current target.
There is now a keybind option to clear all the rally points.
It's now possible to access chat in the ship and character tailors.
Tweaked the minimap zoom behavior to better maintain zoom levels across ground maps.
The Duty Officer UI now sorts the completed assignment chains to the bottom of the assignment chain list.
The amount of space the timer on the Holoemitter icon takes up has been minimized.
Incorrect officer icons no longer appear when switching between Department Heads in the Duty Officer window.
Can someone please explain the underlined update?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 76
03-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yris View Post
early maintenance is not the problem, early maintenance WITHOUT at the VERY least a 5 minutes warning is THE problem.
thats why want compo (just jokin really) i was in stf cure doin really well with a few fleet mates and bang server down all we needed was 5 more mins but no....

But will it be back up sooner?????????????
Lt. Commander
# 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive

Thanks.

it wasnt possible before this patch to see the chat mini-window while using the tailor,now you can
Lt. Commander
# 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive

Thanks.
When you are changing ship and costume pieces, you can't use the chatbox. They are fixing it so you can now. I think.
Lt. Commander
# 79
03-02-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void-VectorX
it wasnt possible before this patch to see the chat mini-window,now you can
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusseven View Post
When you are changing ship and costume pieces, you can't use the chatbox. They are fixing it so you can now. I think.
Wording was a little confusing to me.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 80
03-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusseven View Post
Understandable. Completely understandable. But it's only 40 minutes. With MMOs, by the time you log in and start doing something, next thing you know it would be maintenance time anyway. And that time dilation is a pain I know all too well, friend.
I'm not taking a stab at everyone, don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to educate some of the people here who think that everything should work 100% of the time and go exactly to plan 100% of the time and that this online world revolves around them when the reality of the situation is, I've said it before and I'll say it again; things go wrong. Deal with it. No company is ever 100% reliable, things get missed and people make mistakes.
I dont think anyone is saying that at all for the most part i think all we are asking for is some warning time before hand. I do not care that it was early just would of been nice to get a bit of notice or just a simple post as to what happened i don't think that is asking too much.
Closed Thread