Lt. Commander
# 81
03-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Was swapping out items from my ship when this happened. Hoping its all still there and not lost in limbo when everything comes back up.
Well, items aren't actually dislocated from their slot until you release the mouse button over a valid location to move them onto, so I believe it should be fine.
Of course, in this crucial moment your latency come onto play, so YMMV.
Lt. Commander
# 82
03-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless2136
I dont think anyone is saying that at all for the most part i think all we are asking for is some warning time before hand. I do not care that it was early just would of been nice to get a bit of notice or just a simple post as to what happened i don't think that is asking too much.
I agree with you, they should have posted something after the server went down notifying people about what was happening. That's just good business practice to keep your users informed. But if you just take another read over the first few pages, all of it was people complaining that they lost 10 minutes of play time (that they can easily do again) and just seem to blame it on Cryptic and PWE being incompetent and having lousy service when the reality is [I've explained this all before].

Ah man I should have used this extra 40 minutes to catch some more Z's. :p Take it easy lads and just enjoy the universe when it pops back up again.
Lt. Commander
# 83
03-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
OKAY THAT'S IT!!!! Who forget that the maintenance programmers ARE NOT allowed caffeinated coffee....they get all jumpy and excitable and forget what time it is lol.

BAD MAINTENANCE PROGRAMMERS, BAD PROGRAMMERS.........OUTSIDE!!! LOL

(PS: Fix the Defiant, Victory, Strategic, and Vivid bridges since you've got the extra time and caffeine now please)
there is no such thing ...
proggramers write code, ie patches.

system admins aply patches, ie do maintaince.
Lt. Commander
# 84
03-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yris View Post
early maintenance is not the problem, early maintenance WITHOUT at the VERY least a 5 minutes warning is THE problem.
and to everyone else .... its most likly server crashed prior to maintance. not that they didnt give a warrning.
and the time required to get server back as we all know, is more then time left to shedulet maintance, so ....
Lt. Commander
# 85
03-02-2012, 08:55 AM
if it was a server crash (and I don't think it was) then why didn't we get any acknowledgment from Cryptic during the last hour and a half?

Is it too hard to jump into CrypticOps forum account and post a line?

Sorry Avenger, but I don't bite on the crash, not even a single second.
Lt. Commander
# 86
03-02-2012, 08:56 AM
It's patching now. And i was wrong. There is a message now saying "Star trek online Is Down For Maintenance".
Lt. Commander
# 87
03-02-2012, 08:58 AM
wait wait wait
Lt. Commander
# 88
03-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teru-kins
Well, a F2P game isn't going to be 100% flawless. I for one actually appreciate that for every downtime maintenance they actually Fix things, sure they can only do so much at once but they're doing their best.
STO is away from F2P (free to play), if game is realy free to play, everyone should be able to play it free and to enjoy every peace of game for free, not paying for this ship, or for that uniform, or for anything in that matter.

and also STO is charging some people per month basis, ie gold members. if they charge them, they have to make it flawless.
Lt. Commander
# 89
03-02-2012, 09:06 AM
back online, it was maintenance, not a crash.
Lt. Commander
# 90 Maintenance Complete!
03-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Thank you for your patience.

EDIT: There was Emergency Maintenance required before the Scheduled Maintenance, so the team was able to complete the Scheduled Maintenance early ~PWE_BranFlakes.
Closed Thread