Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello everyone!

Back when I first started this game I thought that the lack of this was because it was new and such and I figured this would eventually be done.. but it's pretty surprising that this detail in missions is overlooked.

Primitive wildlife is a very important part of any planet that has life I'm sure and there is a total lack of this in the game. Why?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2012, 12:20 PM
play through the starfleet missions. By the time you get to "Frozen" in the Reman story arc, your bridge officers will lampshade the fact that ever new species they encounter is trying to kill them.

You will eventually encounter Targs (usually tamed by Klingons but there are some wild ones), wild Jackals (or what would be described as jackals on that particular planet, two different types of spiders (one on Drozana station, the other in "Frozen"), three types of Cosmozoans (though the Crystaline Entity is one of them, and the Gekli aren't hostile,) strange... sand-burrowing worm creatures in the Colliseum, and one other type of wild dog that I can't remember the name for.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2012, 01:06 PM
I guess that's something, but not exactly what I was thinking of.. should be a bit more extensive than that. I'd say there should be at least 4-5 lifeforms per planet map
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Just replayed through the Reman arc entirely. There are sabertooth cats called Selats, giant... I guess you could call them a Tick. A giant tick-like insect, wolf-like creatures called Warrghuls, and the worms are called Aehaalh.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I do agree that some of the open ground missions, especially the exploration missions should have some naturally wandering critters on them. Fighting the should NOT preclude players from earning DXP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2012, 11:54 PM
They started doing stuff like that in Cloaked intentions, most of the outdoor maps they've added since then have included some fauna, including the remastered version of Doomsday Device, which featured roaming targs, and Q's Winter wonderland from the winter event, which had a variety of animals. Unfortunately, those were all added in the past year, and they have yet to remaster most of the earlier missions. I don't think they had the tech for these kinds of critters before Cloaked Intentions.