Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 101
03-09-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
Good stuff. Don't heal them they might die!
You said that !
Not my words exactly.

I will justify, just for trolls sake and since I have breaktime.

This is neither Eve Online where a Healship can stop an onslaught nor the old days where EngiTeam could acually heal a lot on the HPbar. Sure, Engiteam III + SIF consoles + Cruiser may do much a lot more, but if you see a wave of torps coming in and the shieldarc is down, chances are he will die instantly - with or without your heal.
Also, time and again, lag fails the attempt to heal when the pwnhammer is on such buddy. You see that he's worth healing (while loads of incoming dps will assure his death) - You toss a heal but it happens to be a self-heal instead of beefing his HP.

The only thing I`ve seen working instead of Engiteam was TT on buddy + something that heals Shield HP (TSS, Extend Shields -- Sci Captain Fleet buff for instance). If that works, HE3 you go .

edit:
Let`s not forget medical selection of triage.
After playing medic builds most of the time, you develop a sense for that.

That does not apply to ground pvp, as not everybody is a healer (no matter how many hyposprays you jam down your throat). On ground, not everybody uses the specific medic-orientated kits.

TL;DR
You need to know if you can actually save that person's arse- because you're next.

PUG is one thing - some major competative Premade vs Premade/ESPL/E-sport thing is another.

Don`t forget that ever since F2P/hello PW; everybody is a medic of his own.
Plus, it is not like back then where Sci Team III was the only way to remove Viral Matrix III.
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
There's a difference to playing to your class strengths and experimenting to do so, and taking a ship that isn't meant for your class at all and try to make it work.

Example, I put away my AE (finally) and decided to try to make a build that I felt comfortable with for my MVAM. i finally got it, after toying with some stuff, and trying a couple powers I haven't used in a looong time.

The ship works great now and I really enjoy it so much so that my old ship that I flew for almost 2 years straight has finally been retired till further notice.

However, as I roll a tac primiarily you'd never see me put that toon in an Oddy (I will however put him in an Assault, and a Recon Sci vessel). That ship sucks -hard- for tactical captains no matter what you do with it, it will never compare to an Assault Cruiser, or even better the Excelsior fedside. There's just no point in making the attempt.
But... i ... hate cruisers...................... really.
Lt. Commander
# 103
03-09-2012, 12:05 PM
in case you went for coffee, your boffs will inform you when the enemy facing shield is down

oh yah 2.

don't ignore a klink cruiser to chase the BoP you've been attacking whose cloaking and running away. Your aft shields/hull will thank you.