Lt. Commander
# 1 bop problem?
03-01-2012, 10:47 PM
I have a 50 kling science captain, she has a heghta heavy bop and i used to kick butt with her, but i made a fed char to 50 and decided to go back to kling char but the bop is well sucking now, my strategy is the same, the game seemed kind of laggy, like when i clicked my bof skills they load up very slow or not at all over half the time, and for a bop, you need the skills to avoid the glass cannon being shattered. Has anyone else had a similar problem with the bop lately, did they change anything?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm not noticing any issues with my B'rel refit.

Perhaps it was one of the worse time for your internet ISP. Seemed the problem might not be the BoP but lag issues.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2012, 11:46 PM
well. I dunno how it was before, but on my BoP the buttons dont work always. what I mean, that I click on the shortcut, and it just wont work. so for example I use the AP Beta, HY torp, and cannon RF at the same time, clicking on each. 90% of the time one of them will not register (and believe me, I click them right).
I dunno if thats what you meant, but thats the most annoying problem for me
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2012, 12:16 AM
ive noticed at times that when you try to click several abilitys at once, it's like the game can't keep up.
and you have to repress the ability.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2012, 02:13 AM
I noticed that a few times the game lost the ability to use the abilities tied to keys 1-0.

I mitigate the problem by using programmed keys for key 1-0 as 1-0(I use a programmable keyboard).

If I leave it to default somehow sometimes the games can't register key 1-0 hence I lost the ability to activate abilites tied to those shortcuts.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2012, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
I noticed that a few times the game lost the ability to use the abilities tied to keys 1-0.

I mitigate the problem by using programmed keys for key 1-0 as 1-0(I use a programmable keyboard).

If I leave it to default somehow sometimes the games can't register key 1-0 hence I lost the ability to activate abilites tied to those shortcuts.
that also seems to happend if you alt-tab from the game or leave the game window in any way.
(at least it used to.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2012, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-child View Post
that also seems to happend if you alt-tab from the game or leave the game window in any way.
(at least it used to.)
Yeah I alt tabbed out pretty frequently.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2012, 04:39 AM
Yesterday was just a bad ISP day.

Go to the UI Forum. You will find much information on this. Basically the game doesn't handle simultaneous command very well. So the faster you mash buttons, the worse it can be. A gaming keyboard with anti ghosting (is that right?) is said to alleviate some of the pain of quickly and surely activating abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2012, 01:40 PM
I would very much like to see skill queue added to the client. Many mmo's out there allow you to hit skill #1 and then #2. #2 would go off right after #1 cleared. It keeps the command buffered in the client and give quicker response to the end user.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2012, 05:05 AM
I have always believed that the game overides itself when it comes to the activation time of powers quickly.
As if the Activation of one ability will interrupt the activation time required of another to go off and cause said ability to go into CD (worst case) or to be skipped all together.