Lt. Commander
# 11
03-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Ah the old ss problem. I personally use the print screen butoon and hop into paint and ctrl+V it and save it. Otherwise you can use this command in chat /screenshot_ui_jpg

Got ninja'd by the Tick! http://www.patman.org/images/tick.gif
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-02-2012, 12:44 AM
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...030200434.jpg/ Got it, thank you, there, that's a more appropriate listing

EDIT: How about now?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Get rid of that torpedo device slot thingy. Actually everything I would say is said in the thread I linked. So just read up on that and you will pretty much be set.

I should say Its not Hoooorible, just unique.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Ok, got it, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
Got ninja'd by the Tick! http://www.patman.org/images/tick.gif
Lol, it's Ticko! (Darn zero, Ticko was already taken. )

And what duck said, read that thread. It's great!

Btw, make sure to get yourself the Borg console, it's pretty sweet. You can obtain it from the mission "Assimilation".

Also, maybe you could show us a pic of your BOff stations?

Lt. Commander
# 16
03-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick0
Lol, it's Ticko! (Darn zero, Ticko was already taken. )

And what duck said, read that thread. It's great!

Btw, make sure to get yourself the Borg console, it's pretty sweet. You can obtain it from the mission "Assimilation".

Also, maybe you could show us a pic of your BOff stations?

assumed you wanted tick but it was already taken so you dropped a zero at the end. xD

I concur on the Boff stations it is of great importance.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Yeah reading now, I screwed up on the bridge officer stuff a bunch, so I gotta rework that. All my shield buff are tier 1 so, eh... BTW, I do have like 3k crafting skill (Because I like the system) anyone needs stuff made, look me up you provide the materials I'll make anything. Thanks again for your help, I wish the game would be like "here's what's useful for ____ ships" but this is certainly the next best thing. Much appreciated all around.

EDIT heres the bridge officer spots

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...030200590.jpg/
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthevv7
I wish the game would be like "here's what's useful for ____ ships"

EDIT heres the bridge officer spots

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...030200590.jpg/
I agree. I had to learn the hard way, learning on my own. Took me about a year before I really understood PVP. I'm still learning now, but I'm getting there.

Taking a look at your BOffs now.

Edit: After a quick scan, I just want to say a couple of things.

Ditch Boarding Party, it really isn't effective in PVP atm. The shuttles get shot down too easily, and the effects are negligible.

Secondly, ditch Aceton Beam, it's not effective in PVP either. It's very easily countered with Hazard Emitters. And besides, there are much more valuable abilities you could place in that Eng Comm slot.

Thirdly, the target subsystem ability is kind of 'meh' in PVP, I think. A much more effective ability to use in that Lieutenant slot could be Beam: Fire At Will or an attack pattern, such as Attack Pattern Delta or Attack Pattern Beta.

Lastly, Tachyon Beam. Unless you're in a science vessel and focussed on draining shields, Tachyon Beam is rather useless, especially in a cruiser. And considering how easy it is to tank shields in this game, you'd find it hard to put that power to much use.

Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-02-2012, 01:17 AM
It confirms what I was thinking, I also think I might respec my captain
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthevv7
Without fail, it's been the same experience. And it's quite frankly terrible. My team spawns, the enemy spawns, my team seems to either split in every direction, so I stick with the largest contingent to cover them, or they rush headlong into the battlefield.
Hit the full impulse as soon as you can. If you PUGed with good players they will follow (cause they don't want to split up a team) and if you ended with bad team they will follow (cause herd instincts to follow leader). If they are splitting - bad luck, you got the worse team possible and you WILL loose the match.

Just remember to stop after few seconds and allow the rest to join you.

Quote:
Against the Klingons, its like the feds only they come to me first, shoot one volley, then I die. Then I die as I respawn for the rest of the game, making it completely and utterly unplayable.
Klingon camp spawn points. They also love spam wich slowly kills your GPU. And P2W consoles that kill any fun in the game (they have more of those then Feds). Thus - do not que for Fed vs Klink games. Stick to Fed vs Fed. Enter Ker'rat and hunt Klinks if you feel the urge to fight them.

Quote:
So, I beseech you fellow star trekkers. What am I doing wrong? I feel like either PVP is so utterly broken it's just not worthwhile (which is sad, because I like the idea of it, and would like to PVP more)
PvP with all the love it gets from Cryptic, imbalances and the constant stream of P2W stuff flooding the C-Store (and the game) is kinda broken. But enjoyable until you have bad luck and fight against P2Winners packed with those consoles.

My advise - if you fight observe what your powers do. Find out what is not working, what is working, what powers on what levels are needed and when taking level II or III is not needed because level I works good enough and so on. Just play and observe. Tweek your build. It will take time, I wasted few toons before I created first one that was working (more or less) in PvP and had fun with killing bad guys.