Lt. Commander
# 1 F2P = more FEs?
03-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We're actually increasing our development team's size in order to be able to make more new content. This means more Featured Episodes, more regular new content, and possibly even more new STFs.

On top of this, we plan on putting quite a bit of work into the Klingon side of the game in order to bring them up to par with what the Federation experience is.

Thanks,

Stormshade

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...35#post3740435

So only 2 FEs in an entire year is more than 3 FEs in half a year?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post

So only 2 FEs this year is more than 3 last year?
They have yet to finish hiring because they got so tied up in F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2012, 10:46 AM
No Nagus... They screwed up... again
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:

Your quote is out of date. Unless a cryptic employee is talking to you at the time of you writing that post, "things change, dude".
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Your quote is out of date. Unless a cryptic employee is talking to you at the time of you writing that post, "things change, dude".
Its pretty obvious things changed. What I would like to know is what changed and why? Why did they think we would be getting more FEs than before, and why was that wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2012, 11:10 AM
If I had to wager Latinum on the WHY, I'd put at least a few slips on to the excusing being something to do with Neverwinter changing its design and focus and that eating up time, resources and manpower.

It's a convenient excuse, I know. But one that might pay off on the great dabo wheel of WHY.

Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2012, 11:28 AM
At least the game is free so I can not play the game 2-3 months at a time then log in, do the new FE series in a few hours, then log out for another 2-3 months. Doesn't help their income whatsoever but thats my plans if thats the way they want it.

Almost like looking forward to a new Star Trek movie. I don't even think about or concern myself about the behind the scenes of it all. It comes out, I watch it, then I forget about it until the next one comes out. This game has become a rare treat like that. FE comes out, I play it, then forget about the game for the months in between.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:

1) Your quote is from September of last year.

2) 2 FEs is more than the ONE FE we had last year. The other 2 were in 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
1) Your quote is from September of last year.

2) 2 FEs is more than the ONE FE we had last year. The other 2 were in 2010.
Party on ESD!!! We're getting two FE's this year!!!!!! Jokes aside, it is pretty weird that they've set the limit at 2 given what Stormshade said. When Stormshade said more there, it sounded more like a triumphant more, not the mehish more that results in 2 FE's per year. MEH!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
If I had to wager Latinum on the WHY, I'd put at least a few slips on to the excusing being something to do with Neverwinter changing its design and focus and that eating up time, resources and manpower.

It's a convenient excuse, I know. But one that might pay off on the great dabo wheel of WHY.

I think it's, realistically, that they probably planned to spend a year or so transitioning to F2P. And had that happened, they could have brought new hires in. The way it panned out, new hires only would have gotten in the way and gotten burned out. So they put off hiring up until F2P, which delayed everything else.