Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Vice Admiral But No Ship?
03-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi all,

I recently achieved Vice Admiral rank and was wondering if any one knew why you gain access to a new ship at every rank milestone except this one?

I find it strange that there is no ship reward for reaching the lvl cap rank of Vice Admiral.

Have any Cryptic staff ever commented on this?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-02-2012, 11:52 AM
The only ship token for VA is a Veteran reward at 300 or 400 days I think.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-02-2012, 11:52 AM
VA ships are C-Store only unless you're a Gold player with a 600 Day Vet Reward.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
The only ship token for VA is a Veteran reward at 300 or 400 days I think.

Oh i understand this but there is a max level and you would expect some kind of ship reward for reaching it as you have one for every other rank.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytheaker
Oh i understand this but there is a max level and you would expect some kind of ship reward for reaching it as you have one for every other rank.
with F2p they removed that tho, since it's mainly cash shop for that now.
however, you can manage just fine with the rear admiral ship at VA
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-child View Post
however, you can manage just fine with the rear admiral ship at VA
Yeah. The 3 Retrofit Ships you could get at VA don't really add any firepower to the free T5 ships. They just have the special ability.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Yeah. The 3 Retrofit Ships you could get at VA don't really add any firepower to the free T5 ships. They just have the special ability.
And the free Odie if he was around for the 2 year event.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-child View Post
with F2p they removed that tho, since it's mainly cash shop for that now.
however, you can manage just fine with the rear admiral ship at VA
True. I still fly my Advanced Escort. And it is somehow logical as well. As Admiral you would normaly end up at a Desk in Starfleet HQ but in STO you are free to choose to stay in command of your ship.
Like Riker in the TNG episode "All good things".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytheaker
Oh i understand this but there is a max level and you would expect some kind of ship reward for reaching it as you have one for every other rank.
Nope, your punishment for reaching max level in the game is being penalized by having to buy your final ship with real money in the Cash Store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-03-2012, 07:35 AM
It seems to be the same for the General rank for Klingons, to

It's absurd, to be honest, given that you can no longer buy ships for energy credits.

I can only assume, given Perfect worlds track record, it's a way to "push" people to buy cstore items and/or credits to sell for dilithium, which strangely enough, you can use to buy ships! :p
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47 PM.