Lt. Commander
I'd like to point out something interesting.

We don't know where the DS9 FE series will get slotted into leveling.

But if they do it smart, they should place it AT THE BEGINNING of the Cardassian Front.

Then retune that front so that Klingons and Feds are, story-wise, collaborating for the entire duration of that front.

Then produce a mission or two that has that ceasefire/alliance fall apart, aside from Omega Force, showcasing D'Vak scrambling to keep Omega Force together.

Right now, Klingons have 29 missions on the block. That takes them up by another 15 to 44 to 47 or so. It doesn't eliminate the war; it just creates a 20 episode arc where the tensions go on the backburner while fighting the True Way, Dominion, and Borg, before flaring back up.

Do that and upgrade some of the better patrols to true episodic missions that either side can do and you have full leveling content. Doesn't eliminate the need for the occasional burst of more Klingon story... and I'd love a FE series to focus on the Fek'Ihri and Kahless and Miral Paris and Worf. But it gets them up to a point where they can be considered reasonably complete and have a full leveling experience.

15 episodes with the current leveling curve is a big deal.

And by placing the 2800 at the beginning of the DS9 arc, it sets the stage for Klingon versions of the entire Cardassian front, with the odd side objective doing espionage or showcasing tension in the ceasefire.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2012, 01:20 PM
FE 2800 would basically fill the 40-46 hole that exists between Romulan Mystery and Breen Invasion, depending on how the xp is handled.

Feds have to do more missions to accomplish the same amount of leveling.

If Romulan Mystery were dropped down to eliminate the smaller hole between it and Fek'Ihri Return while Bren Invasion were bumped up to 48 like it is for the Feds, adding in a smaller Cardassian arc could work. Not sure they would need a full 15 episode version, just a KDF xp giving version that would help plug the hole.

Drop Fek'Ihri down to 30 instead of 31.
Drop Romulan down to 33 instead of 36.
Raise Breen from 46 to 48.

That would give the KDF room for the Cardassian/Jem'Hard arcs between 38-46 or so...which is approximate to the current Cardassian for the Feds. Again, the KDF would not have 15 missions because of the generally better rewards.

Course, that sounds good for the KDF side... but uh, what does that do to the Fed side? Do they trim other missions? Do they decrease the reward so the Feds have to play through even more for the same rewards?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2012, 01:20 PM
agreed, that would be a good place for these missions to fit in.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
FE 2800 would basically fill the 40-46 hole that exists between Romulan Mystery and Breen Invasion, depending on how the xp is handled.

Feds have to do more missions to accomplish the same amount of leveling.

If Romulan Mystery were dropped down to eliminate the smaller hole between it and Fek'Ihri Return while Bren Invasion were bumped up to 48 like it is for the Feds, adding in a smaller Cardassian arc could work. Not sure they would need a full 15 episode version, just a KDF xp giving version that would help plug the hole.

Drop Fek'Ihri down to 30 instead of 31.
Drop Romulan down to 33 instead of 36.
Raise Breen from 46 to 48.

That would give the KDF room for the Cardassian/Jem'Hard arcs between 38-46 or so...which is approximate to the current Cardassian for the Feds. Again, the KDF would not have 15 missions because of the generally better rewards.

Course, that sounds good for the KDF side... but uh, what does that do to the Fed side? Do they trim other missions? Do they decrease the reward so the Feds have to play through even more for the same rewards?
I don't think the stated goal was ever an even number but "enough to level."

Feds don't need all of their missions to level anymore. Some are just surplus now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I don't think the stated goal was ever an even number but "enough to level."

Feds don't need all of their missions to level anymore. Some are just surplus now.
Wasn't looking at an even number for the Feds. That's why the focus of what I said was on how well that could help plug that small hole and the large hole that the KDF has.

I'm not a FULL KDF guy. I'm a FULLER KDF guy.

The question in regard to what they would do with the Feds was literally what I asked - would it just be surplus or would they reduce the reward for Feds.

Surplus would appear to be the least damaging.

Then again, they would not even need to place them at the same level for each side.

After all, the KDF participates in the FvK war at 20-29 while the Feds participate in it at the 1-20 range. Feds deal with the Romulans 20-38 while the KDF deals with them 36-40.

The focus of my comments were more for how it could fix the holes in the KDF...and then on what effect it might have on the Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2012, 01:45 PM
The 2800 would be a Dominion Front rather than a component of the Cardassian Front though, surely?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2012, 02:02 PM
They definitely could use it to fill the 40-46 gap in the KDF leveling process. I just grinded the pi canis sorties to level from 40-46. I actually wish the feds had 30min repeatable space missions, I need to grind out boff skill points since im out and prefer to do space only missions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
The 2800 would be a Dominion Front rather than a component of the Cardassian Front though, surely?
My point is, if it takes place before the Cardassian front (which includes Dominion and Terran Empire and True Way -- you never fight the "Cardassian faction"), the Feds could invite the Klingons to stick around, The Klingons do those missions, continue doing espionage and making a few different choices, and then the alliance falls apart aside from Omega Force at around level 45.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Going by the dialogue in Second Wave with the Deferi Ambassador, it seems to take place after the Breen series though.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Storyline, it doesn't fit before the Cardassian front. And this is more significant than the story holes ike the disjointed relationship with Drake, but actual direct reference - the Vorta you bring back from the Gamma Quadrant actually tells you he's the same one you killed on the USS Rapier.