Lt. Commander
# 41
03-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Why do people hate Section 31 so much haha?
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaming-Mutt
So we're going to be dealing with Drake again. Never liked the guy; he's always got this air of superiority around him. Lecturing on how his methods are always perfectly justified. Hope we get the opportunity to leave him locked in a cell.
I'd rather just take his behind out to the black then make him walk home. Without a suit. I'd like to think that by the 23rd Century we will have effective therapies in place to identify sicko's like him at a young age and cure them of their obvious psychotic paranoia.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
I don't like Drake nor Section 31 and think they are given way too much "air time".
Hear, hear! I 2nd that emotion. All this cloak and dagger kaka is annoying and depressing. It'd be nice to think that by the 23rd/24th Centuries people will look back on the 20th as the Dark Ages and shake their heads in wonder at the primitive ignorance of their ancestors.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant_Lavar
Why is it every time I see Drake my first reaction is to flash back to this particular exchange from the Stargate SG-1 episode "48 Hours":

COLONEL O'NEILL walks out of a gas station, heading back to his truck, in civilian dress. He glances up and sees former National Intelligence Department Colonel HARRY MAYBOURNE stepping out from behind the cab.

MAYBOURNE: Hiya, Jack.

O'NEILL: You rat [illegitimate child]!

MAYBOURNE: *starts backing away from a furious O'NEILL* Hey hey hey, now take it easy!

O'NEILL: *chasing MAYBOURNE around the truck* I am so gonna kick your [gluteous maximus]!

MAYBOURNE: There's people watching!

O'NEILL: I don't care!
When dealing with Frank, I always have the reaction O'Neill had when Kinsey broke into his house, namely seriously considering shooting him.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Why do people hate Section 31 so much haha?
I think that it's because not only do Section 31 consider themselves above the law, but above all oversight as well. Basically, they do not recognize any authority, legal, moral, or otherwise, that can constrain them from doing whatever they choose to in the name of "national security". Quis custodiet ipsos Custodes? Essentially, we are supposed to trust that their consciences alone are sufficient to keep them from making the jump from attacking true threats to abducting and assassinating anybody who is politically inconvenient. Once your "secret police" are free from the burden of having to actually prove their accusations beyond a reasonable doubt, they are also free to fabricate charges against anybody they please.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-04-2012, 01:17 AM
After playing the new installment a dozen of times I must say that parts of it is really good and other parts are really bad.

*SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS*

Do not read beyond this point unless you don't want to learn about the latest episode in the series.

After the previous episode super great voice overs for the Ferengi I had hoped that it showed a new direction of quality for them. Sadly not, as the Founder voice over was horrible and the Caitian bridge officer was even worse. The Jem'Hadar wasn't great but acceptable. The Vorta the same. The computer voice was amazing though, cudos on that. Please use that voice for adding computer voices all over the game.

Then the dialog between the Founder and the Jem'Hadar was unbelievable.

Jem'Hadar: "We have taken DS9 in yout name and are prepared to extend our campaign throughout the quadrant." & "Give your blessing to our victory. We are yours to command." He shows that he is still viewing the Founder as a God.

Founder: "I know you Kar'ukan. Your fleet failed us in the battle for Deep Space Nine. We lost because you did not arrive." This comment would be ok as it is telling him the war is over.

Jem'Hadar: "The fleet was diverted passing through the anomaly. We did not ..." His reply was fine too.

Founder: "I need soldiers, Kar'ukan, not excuses. You failed the Dominion once. I will not give you the oportunity to do so again." Here things gets weird. She need soldiers, is in right now. Not needed past tense. Then she goes to threaten him instead of ordering him to stand down as a Founder easily could do. And have done in the series.

Jem'Hadar: "Attack! Kill everyone but the Founder!" This response would maybe be more in line with him being an Alpha Jem'Hadar and not a Gamma Jem'Hadar. Remember he is from a time when everything was going just as the Founders wanted it. Questioning a Vorta or responding like this would be out of character.

Then later when in space and they hail me character.

Jem'Hadar: "Surrender the Founder and your pet and you will survive, Captain. Refuse and I will destroy your ship." The Vorta and the Founder are on the Dominion ship, not my ship. Why bother hailing me?

Vorta: "He is bluffing. He can't harm a Founder!" I'm sorry but why is the Vorta answering something that is sent to my ship from his bridge? Why is he talking to the Jem'Hadar using the pronoun HE instead of YOU?

Jem'Hadar: "I can and I will, Vorta. Victory is life." and later "No! I will have the Founder! All ships - attack!" Ok is he blowing the Founder up or not?

Sorry but the last part of the mission makes little sense.

Not to mention the
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
Jem'Hadar: "Surrender the Founder and your pet and you will survive, Captain. Refuse and I will destroy your ship." The Vorta and the Founder are on the Dominion ship, not my ship. Why bother hailing me?

Vorta: "He is bluffing. He can't harm a Founder!" I'm sorry but why is the Vorta answering something that is sent to my ship from his bridge? Why is he talking to the Jem'Hadar using the pronoun HE instead of YOU?

Jem'Hadar: "I can and I will, Vorta. Victory is life." and later "No! I will have the Founder! All ships - attack!" Ok is he blowing the Founder up or not?

Sorry but the last part of the mission makes little sense.
It makes a bit more sense if you imagine your ship and Eraun's are using a 24th Century version of a conference call.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
It makes a bit more sense if you imagine your ship and Eraun's are using a 24th Century version of a conference call.
If it was supposed to be something along those lines then it was very poorly executed.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Brandon, you guys need to have this text/info show up in game somewhere too. The easiest way would simply be a mail from the system titled "special communique" or whatever. Alternatively you could add a console at ESD or SFA(and the KDF locations) to access these reports and some type of notification whenever a new one is available. I think it would get more people reading them and increase the excitement/hype of the next episode.
Awesome Idea. It would have been better if they never sent the Blog and we just recieved an Email.

Also,

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Did anyone click on the first choice the Warden gives you after he has come back online? It appears as if he is having difficulty, Like a hacker named Drake? Maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Played this mission like 5 times already... I LOVE IT.... <3 <3 <3