Lt. Commander
# 1 Gamma Quest Mystery Box
03-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Ok i don't know bout if in the right place, or what anyone else thinks, but if your going to add a Mystery box to a quest you might wanna give better chances to get real items instead of opening like 20 of them and they all are "Cardassian Lock Boxes" i think it is pretty stupid IMHO might as well take it back out pretty worthless, my 2 cents Thanks And yes this is my newbie post cause before today i didn't really have anything to post about :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2012, 10:06 PM
They're also in the DIL store listed at 200 DIL each. Figure that one out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Not sure if this is still right but during the winter ' what ever ' someone said the chance of getting a dominion ship from the boxes was 0.65%. I might be wrong on that but ...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2012, 11:30 PM
I think the Lockboxes are wrapped in the mystery box because there is a tiny chance to get a gold box out if it which has a better reward table when combined with a masterkey.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaar1
Not sure if this is still right but during the winter ' what ever ' someone said the chance of getting a dominion ship from the boxes was 0.65%. I might be wrong on that but ...
Since Cryptic never gave us an official percentage of chance to win, there's no official figure as to the odds - just as there's no official figure for the odds on winning a Galor from the lockboxes. Given that locksboxes drop by their hundreds for every mission, I think that 0.65% is waaaaay too high - the odds are more like 1000's (or possibly 10000's) to 1. I base this on the fact that I've now discarded - or sold in the exchange - at least 200 lockboxes without even seeing a single "gold" one. This means that the odds are at least worse than 0.005% - and that's just for getting a gold lockbox! Then you have to figure what the odds of actually getting a Galor out of one of the incredibly rare gold lockboxes is...

I, for one, refuse to participate in any and all such draws unless I have a clear idea of the odds. If Cryptic want my money for this, let me know the odds so I can decide if 650:1, 1000:1, or 1000000:1 are odds that are worth playing at.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
I think the Lockboxes are wrapped in the mystery box because there is a tiny chance to get a gold box out if it which has a better reward table when combined with a masterkey.
Gold boxes are C.R.@.P - I've opened five gold boxes and the rewards were pathetic. I now do not even pick-up boxes on drop. They can rush in space for all its worth and thats not a lot...
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Gold boxes are C.R.@.P - I've opened five gold boxes and the rewards were pathetic. I now do not even pick-up boxes on drop. They can rush in space for all its worth and thats not a lot...
i stoped pickin them up when i opened 10 of them and got cr@p plus they dont seem that uncommon when 15 droped on me durin a mission
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane53
i stoped pickin them up when i opened 10 of them and got cr@p plus they dont seem that uncommon when 15 droped on me durin a mission
They need to reduce the drop rate and increase the loot table percentage and even more so for gold boxes. This is just stupid the way they have it now.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2012, 07:48 AM
i opened 5. Im on my 2nd galor, 1st crossfaction console, 1- 10k-cxp, ds9 commodities that i used for my medic cxp title
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
I never opened a green... I opened one gold with a key I bought from the EC exchange and got a cross faction console...not a bad quota i'd say.

I won't go out of my way to get gold boxes and i wont pay C-points to get a key... but If i get the box and have some change left overI get another key from the exchange... they are cheap enough there.