Lt. Commander
I found the FOUNDRY.

I am astounded at the quality of missions people are making.

Frankly some of them blow away Cryptics feature episodes.

Mind you I do them on elite only and have only done maybe ten of them so far, but its nice to see there are so many of them just waiting for me to get arround to.

I suggest if you have not done any to try them.

I will admit it took some adjustment for me to drop some preconceived notions I had, but once I did I found the treasure.

You have to be able to transcend the mindset of always wanting to do something to get something in terms of a reward and play these with the mindset of someone reading a book. Just because you want to and enjoy it. If you can do them in that way you will likely see what I mean.

Consider how the game is causing you to obsess with greed making you want to aquire better equipment for your ground and space combat and try to back off that mindset.

As someone who has done hundreds of STF's I can honestly say other people who are now grinding STF's like I was simply do not know what they are missing.

You try and invite them to play a community authored mission with 5 people in the EliteSTF Channel and they ignore you as though your making some kind of silly suggestion.

Makes me kind of sick to realize that most players are just ignoring some of the most rich game play there is.

If you doubt what I am saying may I suggest you allow me to recomend the one I just finished playing that prompted me to make this post.

It is called...

Yesterday Is Tomorrow

Try it...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2012, 01:04 AM
They are not all story missions either. Maybe you are interested is getting right to the fight with a slugfest with either ground, or space action.

Last night I did one with 5 people on elite two times, but it took forever to get a group together.

We actually got decent loot in that one which was very surprising.

I made about 300k EC per run just selling most of the drops to the vender.

That one is called...

Mini STF - Dominion
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
I found the FOUNDRY.

I am astounded at the quality of missions people are making.

Frankly some of them blow away Cryptics feature episodes.

It is called...

Yesterday Is Tomorrow

Try it...
The guy that did this one even made a trailer for youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEOLO...ature=youtu.be
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2012, 02:21 AM
What I would suggest is that if you are looking for other players to join you in playing Foundry missions on Elite -- then create an ingame channel specifically dedicated either to the "Elite" concept , or for playing Team Based Foundry missions .
Decide which concept you like more , which do you think might have the most broader appeal , and make a channel .
Perhaps the moderators/players would be willing to help you by telling you the best place to advertise such a channel (as creating a channel is only half the work ) .
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2012, 02:27 AM
I keep meaning to check those out. Thanks for the glowing review!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2012, 11:08 AM
There are lots of great missions there, but you have one set that would rather keep crying that there is no official content, that they don't want to play fan fic, that they paid for official missions.... Yes there are lots of crap missions but there are many many good ones and with the help of sites like http://starbaseugc.com/ you can find them. Grats on discovering all the stuff you still have to play out there
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2012, 12:41 PM
The Foundry definitely has many great missions - both story- and action-based. Off the top of my head, I recommend these:
1. the Worst of All Worlds.
2. the Jem-Hadar Alliance.
3. Hunter-Killer.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2012, 12:44 PM
See the 2nd link in my sig for my recommendations
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
I will admit it took some adjustment for me to drop some preconceived notions I had, but once I did I found the treasure.
Great summary of the Foundry by the OP.

The above quote is what really stands out. So many people won't even look at Foundry missions because they consider them nothing but amateurish fan boy creations.

Well they are partially right, many of them are fan boy creations - people who know and love Trek - and have created some absolutely outstanding missions even given the limited tools available.

The OP is right on the money when he says it's a hidden treasure. Kudos for making such a positive post regarding the really great content the Foundry has to offer!