Lt. Commander
# 1 ESD and DS9
03-03-2012, 05:40 AM
I want to do a foundry mission, and add a NPC contact to ESD and DS9 that will appear in the actual maps when the player acquires the mission. is this possible?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2012, 06:04 AM
Not currently no. If you use the main community zone map you can only use objects and npc contacts provided to you, you can not create a new npc or object.

Only way to accomplish this is make a mission map using the map templates, but at my last recollection they are old versions. (not to mention you'd need to populate them with npcs yourself)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordork View Post
I want to do a foundry mission, and add a NPC contact to ESD and DS9 that will appear in the actual maps when the player acquires the mission. is this possible?
Create an interior map that's an office, cargo bay, etc which is supposed to be part ot the ESD/DS9 main map
This map can be entered through a door/object/contact in the original ESD/DS9 map. Afaik however there will be no constant back and forth possible between the 2 maps. If this contact needs to be visited several times, you need as much copies of the additional map. A minor problem is also, that your away team will be present on this additional map.

I am working on a Foundry mission atm, that runs just like that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2012, 08:05 AM
thanks for the responses. I think that storytellers workaround, should accomplish what I am looking to do
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Since I am working on an ESD map too, I encountered a problem with my method.

I can create areas within ESD and enter them via the many doors available BUT I cannot leave the area back to the door where I entered.

It looks like I cannot place a spawn point in ESD and therefore have to beam out from the area which brings me back into the ESD transporter room - at least as long as my next objective is within ESD.

Have I missed anything or are transitions from Cryptic Maps to Project Maps always one-way?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Once you're in your mission, you're in your mission. There's no going back to the social zones. If you want to move around withing ESD you need to make your own copy, but the problem is that the ESD in the Foundry is out of date. (DS9 is out of date too, but it's not as bad since it's functionally identical just has different lighting and a few missing signs.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Once you're in your mission, you're in your mission. There's no going back to the social zones. If you want to move around withing ESD you need to make your own copy, but the problem is that the ESD in the Foundry is out of date. (DS9 is out of date too, but it's not as bad since it's functionally identical just has different lighting and a few missing signs.)
Usually I believe everything you say 100% but running the game within the Foundry I can still enter all social zones from Space. And being on Foundry missions in the "real" game doesn't forbid me entering social zones either.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoryteller0
Usually I believe everything you say 100% but running the game within the Foundry I can still enter all social zones from Space. And being on Foundry missions in the "real" game doesn't forbid me entering social zones either.
If you're going around in sector space that's true, but once you're enter your actual mission door (whether in a system, or a door on ESD, etc) then you're locked into the maps of the mission until the end.

You can't go into a door on ESD and then go back to ESD social zone to enter another door. You have to load into another one of the maps in your mission instead. If you use the beam up or warp out command then you exit the mission entirely and have to restart it.

Actually there is sort of a buggy way where you can have multiple doors, and that's by having multiple objectives as your first objective in the storyline, but you can't make people go to the different doors in the right order, which defeats most of the purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2012, 11:49 PM
I have sorted this mission now, but what would make it better is if it is possible to limit the number of people in your avalible away team, the way that some of the official missions do
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
If you're going around in sector space that's true, but once you're enter your actual mission door (whether in a system, or a door on ESD, etc) then you're locked into the maps of the mission until the end.

You can't go into a door on ESD and then go back to ESD social zone to enter another door. You have to load into another one of the maps in your mission instead. If you use the beam up or warp out command then you exit the mission entirely and have to restart it.

Actually there is sort of a buggy way where you can have multiple doors, and that's by having multiple objectives as your first objective in the storyline, but you can't make people go to the different doors in the right order, which defeats most of the purpose.
And now I must try that....