Lt. Commander
# 1 So if....
03-03-2012, 07:25 AM
So apparently those no naming rules even apply if you're stating that a fleet discriminates against minorities. Yes, that particular fleet in discussion

If you're confused, http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=258473 should answer your questions. Though the admin went through and deleted all of the Fleetmaster's post that made him look really stupid and sent people in an uproar.

So now my question is this. If there were a Fleet that discriminated against something other than women, we wouldn't be allowed to warn people on the forums? All that crap about "protecting the fleet" from women, like we were children or something, but switch that up with something else, and you'll start to see how this situation feels.

I'd love to be able to actually play word replacement, but the admin removed all traces of the hate speech he was spewing against women yesterday.

So say a new fleet starts. They are called "white fleet," and don't allow anything but Caucasians. We aren't allowed to call this situation out on the forums to warn people of who they're dealing with? Shame on the admin who made that call. People have a right to know.

The discrimination against women is against everything Starfleet stands for. As is this clandestine cover-up. The FM claimed to know this admin by name, I'm just now starting to believe him. Not for locking the thread, but for deleting forum rule appropriate content just to help his friend not look so bad.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Discussing moderation is also against the rules and while result in an infraction. (complaining about a closed thread is technically discussing moderation)

There are a number of groups that gather in STO that I would have nothing to do with because of their personal beliefs. Best thing to do is to add that fleet to your ignore list and move on with life. Don't let the stupid actions of the minority ruin your game experience.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2012, 07:33 AM
OP, while many of us here are sympathetic to your case, and understand where you're coming from completely, this isn't the way to go about pushing your case.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Discussing moderation is also against the rules and while result in an infraction. (complaining about a closed thread is technically discussing moderation)

There are a number of groups that gather in STO that I would have nothing to do with because of their personal beliefs. Best thing to do is to add that fleet to your ignore list and move on with life. Don't let the stupid actions of the minority ruin your game experience.
You're probably right about letting it go, but at the same time, this whole situation is so devious and unsavory that if they feel the need to result in an infraction, fine. Wrong has been done here, and I won't allow punishment to silence me. I've spent good money on this game already. I won't think twice to walk away from it on principal.

That admin did wrong by deleting the guys worst posts just to make him look better, and he owes women an apology. I stand by that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenanti
You're probably right about letting it go, but at the same time, this whole situation is so devious and unsavory that if they feel the need to result in an infraction, fine. Wrong has been done here, and I won't allow punishment to silence me. I've spent good money on this game already. I won't think twice to walk away from it on principal.

That admin did wrong by deleting the guys worst posts just to make him look better, and he owes women an apology. I stand by that.
And you are free to do so. But I promise you that there are better uses of you time than trying to rid the internet of idiots.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:

And what the op is basically doing is begging for attention. Let's broaden it a bit. How do you feel about fleets that only allow members from certain parts of the world? Or fleets for (ex-)military? Fleets that require you to have a TS/Vent? Social clubs are allowed to discriminate. Don't get me started on how nightclubs discriminate against men.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
And you are free to do so. But I promise you that there are better uses of you time than trying to rid the interent of idiots.
So true! You win the Captain's Prize for the day.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Are you kidding me? You're comparing requiring someone to have ts or vent to selectively discriminating against women? Are you serious? You couldn't guess how this feels unless you've been there.

And yes I am begging for attention... for this shady operation
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
And what the op is basically doing is begging for attention. Let's broaden it a bit. How do you feel about fleets that only allow members from certain parts of the world? Or fleets for (ex-)military? Fleets that require you to have a TS/Vent? Social clubs are allowed to discriminate. Don't get me started on how nightclubs discriminate against men.
As I said in my first response, I ignore groups I have no desire to be a part of. If there is a [insert discriminatory group]-only fleet running around ESD, I've never seen them because I don't care.

Again, dealing with those people are not worth it.

OP, there are a number of reputable groups running around STO that would be more than happy to have you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenanti
Are you kidding me? You're comparing requiring someone to have ts or vent to selectively discriminating against women? Are you serious? You couldn't guess how this feels unless you've been there.
I've been turned from away from a club because apparently the "male quota" was filled, unless you happened to be friends with the bouncers. You chose to nitpick one of the items I posted and ignored the rest. Correct me if I*m wrong but fleets have the right to choose their members and kick people out without any prior notice. If you think they are idiots because of it (I'd tend to in most cases) find another fleet. There's plenty of them around.
Closed Thread