Lt. Commander
# 11
03-03-2012, 07:49 AM
It's not a matter of finding a new fleet. I've already applied to be part of a new one, and am awaiting a response. Honestly the players seem more educated in this one anyways.

This wasn't a "ninjavite" as the FM put it. I spent more than a half hour asking questions about this Fleet before I accepted the invite. Never once in that half hour did "our fm hates females" come up.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
I've been turned from away from a club because apparently the "male quota" was filled, unless you happened to be friends with the bouncers. You chose to nitpick one of the items I posted and ignored the rest.
I stand against that as well.. If I showed up to that club and they wouldn't let my male friends in, I'd have a word with the bouncer and dip.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenanti
I stand against that as well..
Good. So do I. Still we are not allowed to name and shame in the forums OR discuss moderation. Both can lead to infractions.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Good. So do I. Still we are not allowed to name and shame in the forums OR discuss moderation. Both can lead to infractions.
I understand the forum rules, and I get what I'm 'allowed' to do. When fighting injustice is oulawed, only outlaws fight injustice. Infraction? Ban? There are plenty of MMO's out there. Granted, I'm ridiculously obsessed with ST, but there are other options.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-03-2012, 08:04 AM
On that note I have no more to say. The Admin did a terrible injustice to this game and women. He swept everything the FM said under the rug to pretend like it doesn't exist in this game, and it does.

We cannot compromise our ideals out of fear.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-03-2012, 08:10 AM
So you're upset that a fleet exists that doesn't allow women. Although childish, it is the FM's right to exclude anyone he wants. In the other thread you required everyone "must be Star Trek nerds" for you to join the fleet, that in itself is a form a discrimination, a mild stretch, I know. Anytime you place a requirement that excludes a group of people is discrimination.

Probably best you drop it and move on, nothing you say or do is going to eliminate Fleets that discriminate, it's kind of a hard thing to police.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenanti
On that note I have no more to say. The Admin did a terrible injustice to this game and women. He swept everything the FM said under the rug to pretend like it doesn't exist in this game, and it does.

We cannot compromise our ideals out of fear.
You are wrong

The admin did his job. If you feel there is discrimination going on, report it vie ingame methods or a community support ticket. Calling people out in public is childish and does not solve anything (and is borderline slander).

...I had a big paragraph explaining why this is a pointless thread, but decided its not worth the time to argue. Either you will chill out, find a new fleet, and continue to enjoy the game and realize the majority of the community isnt like that, or you will keep up this whining, get banned, and we'll never hear from you again. I'm ok with it either way. It's your choice in the end
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Well i dont see any problem with a MEN only fleet ..maybe they want to make a FREMASON fleet? ever thought of that? whynot? even if i dislike such things.. i dont think its forbidde...

i also dont know why there should be no ONLY FEMALE fleet.. im okay with that...

there is a good solution for that.. DONT JOIN it...

If you dont like a fleet.. avoid it..

exceptions are nazi-fleets or any other heavy violent fleets.

but everything INGAME.. like "neutrum alien fleet" or "ROMULAN ONLY fleet" is okay.. its part of the game...
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-03-2012, 08:39 AM
hmm. nice to know your name. not that i support or even care but I have a feeling if you dont like something I decree in my fleet you would come on the forums and blast the fleets name to crap. Does your new fleet know you name and shamed your old fleet to hell?

I know some profession where you might as well just switch jobs, because no one would hire you after that.

Also there are women only fleets out there. But they are hidden, like sleeping honeybadgers
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Why can't they have a men only fleet? There's lots of things in life that are for one group of people only, for instance, gay rugby teams, the WI(woman's institute), etc.
My advice to you is get rid of the chip. And before you say anything, yes I know what discrimination feels like. Most people get discriminated against at some point in their life.
Closed Thread