Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship Skills and boff's
03-10-2012, 11:57 PM
I think it would be great if there was a way you could save your ships configurations, hotbar skills sets and boff assignments so that when you change ships you could automatically load a setup that you like.

Most MMO's have a feature like this that requires a /load_ui settings (character name) But in this instance instead of loading by hte character you load by the ship since over the life of a character you end up with several ships. Would also make it a whole lot more user friendly when it comes to missions that require you to use a shuttle craft.

I hate having to redo all my hotbar skills every time I change ships.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defendra
I think it would be great if there was a way you could save your ships configurations, hotbar skills sets and boff assignments so that when you change ships you could automatically load a setup that you like.

Most MMO's have a feature like this that requires a /load_ui settings (character name) But in this instance instead of loading by hte character you load by the ship since over the life of a character you end up with several ships. Would also make it a whole lot more user friendly when it comes to missions that require you to use a shuttle craft.

I hate having to redo all my hotbar skills every time I change ships.
Amen. It's not a huge hassle early in the game, but by the time you hit Commander it starts to get annoying and by the time you're in your Tier 5 ship(s) it's downright frustrating and time consuming. I'd give more serious consideration to picking up some of the Retrofits if I didn't know it would just mean five to ten minutes of frustrating rearrangement every time I swapped.