Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 The Hilbert Guide
03-03-2012, 12:36 PM
You find all these endless build threads too complicated? You are overwhelmed by contradictory advice from other players? You don't want to have to consider tons of different aspects? You simply want a build that works?

Here is the solution: The Hilbert Guide - A cookie cutter approach to PVP

One escort build, one cruiser build. What ship to fly, what gear to get, which BO abilities to use, how to spec your captain and how to setup your keybinds. No "you could do A, but not unless you also want B - otherwise it would be better to go with a mix of C and D". Just a simple "build this and fly it".

(A science ship build might come at a later point.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-03-2012, 03:08 PM
sticky vote
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-03-2012, 05:15 PM
good job and well layed out. should get this posted in the general section too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-03-2012, 05:24 PM
whats the "withbackup" part of the command do?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-03-2012, 11:13 PM
It's a variant of the usual trayexecbytray command that takes two slots as arguments. It's not really superior to the normal version, but since it sends less commands to the server, I have found that there is a slightly better chance to trigger all the abilities in this massive spacebar keybind in the correct order.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
It's a variant of the usual trayexecbytray command that takes two slots as arguments. It's not really superior to the normal version, but since it sends less commands to the server, I have found that there is a slightly better chance to trigger all the abilities in this massive spacebar keybind in the correct order.
this is the kind of mumbo jumbo that keeps from understanding a lot.

wtf does any of this mean?

damn u haxors!

1 button, 1 power....drunk.

the only way i fly.

i hit the spacebar to target people. maybe thats my problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
i hit the spacebar to target people. maybe thats my problem.
No, you're cool.


Spacebar brings victory.
And victory is life.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Great guide.

I would be interested in seeing an ENG build in a cruiser. The skill planner is based on a TAC captain (as stated in the guide).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJet View Post
Great guide.

I would be interested in seeing an ENG build in a cruiser. The skill planner is based on a TAC captain (as stated in the guide).
Actually, the Eng build would look the same. All you need to do is spend points in engineering ground instead of tactical ground. Be sure you spend the same amount of points as the guide in ground skills.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJet View Post
I would be interested in seeing an ENG build in a cruiser. The skill planner is based on a TAC captain (as stated in the guide).
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumappp
Actually, the Eng build would look the same. All you need to do is spend points in engineering ground instead of tactical ground. Be sure you spend the same amount of points as the guide in ground skills.
Thamupp is exactly right. Only the ground skills change, everything else remains the same.


Obviously there is more than one way to build a cruiser and especially as an engineer you may want to use a second ET instead of the EPtW - but then you should probably drop one of the other teams (TT/ST) or possibly both because of cooldown issues and then we are exactly in the "if you want more A, you have to consider B and C and pay attention to D" situation that this guide is supposed to avoid.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 PM.