Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 STF Borg Agro
02-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Our fleet has been running STF's for the longest time.. and suddenly in the past 2 days the Borg have been extremely aggressive.. You would be fighting in one room, and now a lot of the time we seem to aggro Borg in the next room. It isn't an isolated occurrence. This has happened in every STF the last two days. Obviously Cryptic did something to change this, I find it annoying that this is either a mistake by Cryptic.. or a game play change that they neglected to mention in their updates.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-18-2012, 11:54 PM
I was wondering what was going on the last couple runs. They just run and aggro like crazy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-19-2012, 12:02 AM
I haven't played any ground missions past few days, but tonight playing space mission I died about 7 times in a row. Full shields one sec and dead the next with just one hit. Before this I had played a hundred space missions against the borg and never died even once!! What the heck???
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-19-2012, 12:23 AM
They STILL haven't fixed or mentioned fixing the Borg "Super Invisa Torps" that your referring to. You can have 100% shields, 100% hull and just barely inside the 10km radius and boom dead. I messed around with my video settings and everything and finally managed to see a reticle surrounding the "Super Invisa Torp", but there's no graphic to go along with it hence the super invisa torp nickname. Even the gateway hit me with a few of these in different Elite STF the other day.

It seems like every few days the Borg are getting harder and more aggressive, and the only thing I can thing of other than the obvious glitch is maybe they're slowly trying to get everyone ready for the Iconians??
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
They STILL haven't fixed or mentioned fixing the Borg "Super Invisa Torps" that your referring to. You can have 100% shields, 100% hull and just barely inside the 10km radius and boom dead. I messed around with my video settings and everything and finally managed to see a reticle surrounding the "Super Invisa Torp", but there's no graphic to go along with it hence the super invisa torp nickname. Even the gateway hit me with a few of these in different Elite STF the other day.

It seems like every few days the Borg are getting harder and more aggressive, and the only thing I can thing of other than the obvious glitch is maybe they're slowly trying to get everyone ready for the Iconians??

Huh.. so that's what it was! I've been playing awhile, but not really in the forums (though I am hanging out here more now as running out of stuff to do in game) so didn't know about them as never been hit by them before. Tonight was hit like 7 times in 5 min!! Was ticking me off! Was checking over my ship a ton just to see if something was missing or if my shields put themselves into my inventory for some reason!

Why even have a weapon like that! lol

Ruined a great streak of never dying! Hope they fix that someday...

True the borg are getting much more aggressive. Last night I had three spheres warp in above me and each lock on a tractor and have at it with my shields!!! I beat them, but just barely as everyone else had already flew off to the next target. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Maybe it's the mirror universe borg?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-20-2012, 01:40 AM
Ground issue tends only to happend with pet classes in greater number on the team.

Turrets, drones and sec teams ignore line of sight and run off to attack targets in aggro range even if LOS is blocked or physical the enemy is in a far of room behind solid rock.
This include running halfway through the instance to reach a Brog group the team would have ignored.

My idea what could trigger the behaviour is that either serverstrain or client site LOS and pathing get screwed and pets wander off on their own.

Workaround don't use pets where you can't control them.

Edit: Did run several STF in a premade looking for any odities in behavior of pets and Brog.
Real issue could be the perception range of certain mob types (groups).

I can't relay if those issues started with the patch that claimed to increase the perception of seeker drones or Brog in general but after the last couple of runs i would say it is atleast related too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-20-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alith-Ahnar
Ground issue tends only to happend with pet classes in greater number on the team.

Turrets, drones and sec teams ignore line of sight and run off to attack targets in aggro range even if LOS is blocked or physical the enemy is in a far of room behind solid rock.
This include running halfway through the instance to reach a Brog group the team would have ignored.

My idea what could trigger the behaviour is that either serverstrain or client site LOS and pathing get screwed and pets wander off on their own.

Workaround don't use pets where you can't control them.
Nobody in our team has been using pets and such.. It has nothing to do with any of that. I've been running these for months now and the Borg have never acted like this until the past 2 days.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-20-2012, 02:46 AM
While I did notice slight anomalies in behavior. It seems that Pet AI (Drones specifically) was somehow affected.

A regular run on Elite went without a hitch as long as we stayed away from using pets. This included Turrets, Mortars, Drones, Security Escorts...anything that is not the player or a skill. The second someone used any of those..the Aggro went a little nuts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-20-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by japfi
Nobody in our team has been using pets and such.. It has nothing to do with any of that. I've been running these for months now and the Borg have never acted like this until the past 2 days.
While you replyed to my post i edited it.
I could be a perception issue not just for pets but also including th Brog.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 AM.