Lt. Commander
Ah the C-store in many ways i despise you but lets be honest with the advent of F2P you really are the only way STO has any real finical future and so i guess we must to one degree or another support you.

so how about you give us something worth buying? y'know...like ships

awesome ships, ships that have no good reason to be offered by the fleet yards in any way. Ships like this!

U.S.S. Dauntless NX-01-A

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Dauntless

Why?:
This would be an exceptional addition to the C-store fleet primarily because quite frankly its NOT a starfleet ship. Voyager did however manage to adapt its technology and got some pretty extensive scans of its hull and internal configuration and considering starfleet has adapted this tech to our own ships recreating the NX-01-A wouldn't be that hard as a functioning ship of the line.

- Extended QSSD console (Quantum slipstream everywhere)
- dual bridge configuration (offer both bridges to alter between at will)

U.S.S. Typhon NX-85808
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star...ion#USS_Typhon

Why?:
You wanted a Canon Fed carrier? well here it is. I loved Star Trek Invasion and still play an emulated version on my Advent Vega Tablet even now. The complaints over the Feds distinct lack of carrier style ships has long since been covered by the U.S.S. Typhon and is conon to the known continuity and the Typhon class carrier should be still in service.
more details : http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Invasion

- Valkyrie-class fighter's (the type used in the game)
- usable Valkyrie fighter/shuttle

Warship Voyager NCC-74656

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Warship_Voyager

Why?:
Well apart from the raw power and incredible look of this ship it could have an entire Delta contingent combat pack added to it based on the episode including but not limited to rare BoFF's and DoFF's from delta quadrant species and well as uniform and bridge configurations.

The show stated that the warship Voyager had:
- 300 soldiers, including those assimilated from Delta Quadrant species
- A triple-armored hull
- 30 torpedo tubes
- 25 phaser banks
- Assault probes and fighter-shuttles
- A complement of Borg warrior-drones
- An Emergency Medical Android

Any one or two of these would make the ship formidable and well worth a purchase.

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (alternate reality)
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_...ate_reality%29

Why?:
Although the latest Star Trek movie is almost universally reviled it did have some darn pretty ships in it including but not limited to:

- U.S.S. Kelvin http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Kelvin
- The Jellyfish http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Jellyfish_%28ship%29
- The Narada http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Narada

I admit i expect the Narada to turn up at some stage after the Romulans have been released quite possibly as a T5+ ship but i cant seen any good reason whay some T1-2 versions of the Kelvin and alternate Enterprise cant turn up in the future.

I have more ideas but i'll leave that till later, for now feel free to discuss.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2012, 04:38 AM
Dauntless could happen and would be nice

The Typhoon I doubt as I'm sure Activision have it all locked up in copyright sadly
Warship Voyager. again I doubt it, but they could add it in (just not as overpowered as it was stated in the show)

And the JJ Enterprise has been a definite NO from both Cryptic and CBS, as this is the prime universe and that Enterprise belongs to the JJ Verse
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genex View Post
Dauntless could happen and would be nice

The Typhoon I doubt as I'm sure Activision have it all locked up in copyright sadly
I dunno its been the better part of 15 years and it was a licensed product specifically tied to Star Trek and more specifically to the Dominion war tie ins.
I dont know why after all this time it would be that much of an issue to acquire something so tightly tied to the franchise other than out of pure stupidity on the part of Activision.

As for the JJ universe, yea i have to admit i kinda thought that myself but it seems like such a waste of potential advertising for the new movie(s) to not let us play with them a little.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2012, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries2507 View Post
Although the latest Star Trek movie is almost universally reviled
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~ Suricata
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2012, 05:03 AM
From that Upcoming over at STOwiki:

Kumari, Akira, Merian, Hegh'ta, Qin, Negh'Var, Ambassador, the Caitian Carrier, Vesta, New Orleans, Freedom, Niagara, Jupiter, Typhoon...
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2012, 05:03 AM
If Cryptic can get the Avaltine in game (Not shure how its spelled) then they can get anyship they want but then they have been talking about putting that ship in game for a year or more.

The Dauntless Class was seen in Enterprise fighting longside the Ent-J against the sphere builders so i would assume thats its only a matter of time

The Tphoon? I would kill to get this ship in game and pay lots of money to do so With or without fighters. I just love the ship design

Allways thought Memory Alpha should have more Ship schmatics Like the Akula Class (Which Appeared in SFC1 and 2 as well as Legacy) We need more TMP ships. :p

There are somany gd ship designs like the Archiles from Dominion Wars or the FBB and Arkroyal from SFC Series.

This list of ships could go on for ever
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2012, 05:16 AM
Good suggestions, although I don't see them happening.

Star Trek Invasion holds a special place in my memories.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2012, 05:24 AM
We can dream. But then They do have a few softcannon designs like the titan class thats only appeared in books and not the show so i guess anyhing is possible
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMako View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~ Suricata

ok look im not going to neckbeard here but the term "critically acclaimed" means very little when compared to "fan reaction" as a movie in its own right its climatically quite good and given its been the ONLY trek thats been out in quite some time means that critics will jump on it like a homeless man on a bacon butty but this does not mean it was good. The last Matrix movie was "critically acclaimed" for its use of CG and effects but most would agree that by the time the public had seen it and digested it's content (or lack there of) it felt lackluster and frankly a little cheap and played out.

For fanboys (and fangirls) far to many mistakes were made to make it feel like a Trek movie. without geeking out too much i'll point out my personal top five:

- James T Kirk was born on earth, his father was never in starfleet and thus would never have been on a ship thus Jim would not have been born on a shuttle. This was PRIOR to the time manipulation and thus JJ specifically changed canon in order to give the movie a big opening. Jim was born on Earth in Iowa his specific quite being "no, i was born on earth, i just work in space"

- The stolen car chase, ok so new Jim is a bit of a rogue he sole a car...i get that but in a future where no private electronic company's exist why is there a hands free NOKIA PHONE on the dash? and on a planet secured by starfleet why exactly do we have a civilian police force on a hover bike THAT CANT KEEP UP WITH A 200 YEAR OLD CAR!!!! a tractor beam, a transporter a freaking stinger could have stopped it before the kid ran it off a cliff...did they? no...why? for a big reveal of Jim's yobbish nature.

- Angry Spock (kid version, as the adult loss of temper is somewhat justified) Vulcan school regardless of WHY he got angry would have kicked him out so darn fast his little pointy ears would have clapped together regardless of who his father was or his genetic lineage.

- The Enterprise viewscreen IS A BIG OLD WINDOW!!!! no seriously look at the exterior of the ship, its a window a big transparent aluminum window out into space...seriously WTH? even the TOS had it as a "TV" screen yes ok it can project a HUD and ship to ship communications but the thing cracked during the final scene due to the black hole.....a window....good grief

- ok one last thing and its a biggie, i love this version of Scotty, no really by far and away the best Scotty since the original but given Trek Tech there is no way at all that a person can be transported from a static position to a ship that jumped to warp a good 10-15 mins ago regardless of how good the engineer is. just no....two ships travelling together matching warp speed and with synchronized transporters could barely manage it in TNG with top of the line equipment and the full engineering team's of two ships. Scotty had an old shuttle and a few mins and pulled it off, hes good but noidontthinkso.

thats why it sucked form a fanboy point of view IMHO.

Edit: ok sorry chaps i geeked all over that, please ignore as i try to get this thread back on track.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries2507 View Post
ok look im not going to neckbeard here but the term "critically acclaimed" means very little when compared to "fan reaction" as a movie in its own right its climatically quite good and given its been the ONLY trek thats been out in quite some time means that critics will jump on it like a homeless man on a bacon butty but this does not mean it was good. The last Matrix movie was "critically acclaimed" for its use of CG and effects but most would agree that by the time the public had seen it and digested it's content (or lack there of) it felt lackluster and frankly a little cheap and played out.

For fanboys (and fangirls) far to many mistakes were made to make it feel like a Trek movie. without geeking out too much i'll point out my personal top five:

- James T Kirk was born on earth, his father was never in starfleet and thus would never have been on a ship thus Jim would not have been born on a shuttle. This was PRIOR to the time manipulation and thus JJ specifically changed canon in order to give the movie a big opening. Jim was born on Earth in Iowa his specific quite being "no, i was born on earth, i just work in space"

- The stolen car chase, ok so new Jim is a bit of a rogue he sole a car...i get that but in a future where no private electronic company's exist why is there a hands free NOKIA PHONE on the dash? and on a planet secured by starfleet why exactly do we have a civilian police force on a hover bike THAT CANT KEEP UP WITH A 200 YEAR OLD CAR!!!! a tractor beam, a transporter a freaking stinger could have stopped it before the kid ran it off a cliff...did they? no...why? for a big reveal of Jim's yobbish nature.

- Angry Spock (kid version, as the adult loss of temper is somewhat justified) Vulcan school regardless of WHY he got angry would have kicked him out so darn fast his little pointy ears would have clapped together regardless of who his father was or his genetic lineage.

- The Enterprise viewscreen IS A BIG OLD WINDOW!!!! no seriously look at the exterior of the ship, its a window a big transparent aluminum window out into space...seriously WTH? even the TOS had it as a "TV" screen yes ok it can project a HUD and ship to ship communications but the thing cracked during the final scene due to the black hole.....a window....good grief

- ok one last thing and its a biggie, i love this version of Scotty, no really by far and away the best Scotty since the original but given Trek Tech there is no way at all that a person can be transported from a static position to a ship that jumped to warp a good 10-15 mins ago regardless of how good the engineer is. just no....two ships travelling together matching warp speed and with synchronized transporters could barely manage it in TNG with top of the line equipment and the full engineering team's of two ships. Scotty had an old shuttle and a few mins and pulled it off, hes good but noidontthinkso.

thats why it sucked form a fanboy point of view IMHO.

Edit: ok sorry chaps i geeked all over that, please ignore as i try to get this thread back on track.
This and about 6 other major reasons I could come up with off the top of my head.

Also I'm not really sure an activision game would be considered hard Canon. I think at best it would be soft Canon.

PS I'll give your Kelvin if you give me a Saladin class destroyer or a federation class dreadnaught