Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2012, 04:27 PM
What would they have done with all your money? There's no way to transfer it.

I was hacked once in WoW and it was very easy to get everything restored, and in fact when they finished (right over the phone, it was easy) my character kept all the ore the hacker looted. That was over a year ago and was my first and hopefully final hacking.

I don't see what reason anyone has to hack in STO except to grief? I really hope this isn't the start of gold sellers hacking people for their own profit. And no, I did not use a gold seller before I was hacked in WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-04-2012, 04:31 PM
FYI, you SHOULD be able to access your tickets in-game via the ? icon on the mini-map panel.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uryenserellont
What would they have done with all your money? There's no way to transfer it.

I was hacked once in WoW and it was very easy to get everything restored, and in fact when they finished (right over the phone, it was easy) my character kept all the ore the hacker looted. That was over a year ago and was my first and hopefully final hacking.

I don't see what reason anyone has to hack in STO except to grief? I really hope this isn't the start of gold sellers hacking people for their own profit. And no, I did not use a gold seller before I was hacked in WoW.
Ummm, you list something on the exchange with an alt character for all of the energy credits the other person has, and then buy it with that person? It isn't difficult at all to transfer EC between characters.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-04-2012, 06:13 PM
I just finished with some intense virus-hunting. I couldn't find any key loggers, although I'll probably try a few more virus detectors tonight.

As far as answering suspicious email, etc., I don't recall having responded to any email or in-game communications with any of my private information. My major fault here was using a password I could type quickly. I have 4 characters, and would routinely log into each one quickly to do Doff's and the 'Path to 2409' events.

One possible ray of hope here, but only if Cryptic moves on this on their side, is that the hacker did it while I was playing, and had to change the email address on my account to one that he controlled. There should be a record of that on the Cryptic servers, so it's a potential clue to the hacker's identity. I'm sure someone who has committed to committing illegal hacking activities has dozens of disposable email addresses, but hey, even if it's only a scratch, shut that hacker's email down and scratch the ******.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Here's hoping we all hear back from Cryptic/PWE tomorrow... Wish they had a 1-800 Number.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-04-2012, 10:03 PM
I am curious what links players are going to, where they originate, etc. Are the folks being hacked getting it from something here on the forum? A malicious email? Is it more troublesome for the rest of us and actually an account information leak on PWE's servers?

I don't use my account information for anything other than the launcher, so I'm interested in knowing if these recent victims have been posting it somewhere else.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
I am curious what links players are going to, where they originate, etc. Are the folks being hacked getting it from something here on the forum? A malicious email? Is it more troublesome for the rest of us and actually an account information leak on PWE's servers?

I don't use my account information for anything other than the launcher, so I'm interested in knowing if these recent victims have been posting it somewhere else.
I can assure you, that in my case, I didn't do absolutely anything to compromise my login info. I'm very picky about the passwords I choose, the mails I read, and everything installed on my computer, including regular virus scans. I was surprised this happenned to me, since absolutely no one else knows the info.

I was in the game, got kicked because of the double login from the hacker, found out that the email & password had been changed, resetted the changes, got back in the game and poof! All my beautiful gear and EC's were gone. Simple as that
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-04-2012, 11:10 PM
i got hacked also saturday night lost all my aegis maco omega force space stuff. my ground and boffs are still geared an they took my ec. i filed a ticket but it disappeared. kinda aggrivated it took me forever to get that stuff..
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Be interesting to see PW's response, do they even help hack victims like Blizzard does?
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-04-2012, 11:30 PM
hope so. not like i can submit a ticket. they dont mind taking my money though for some reason. submitted a ticket the next day when i found out about it. still no answer. no ticket. no response. lucky they didnt do something with my card that was tied to this also. yea im pretty ****ed sorry.