Lt. Commander
Any thoughts on the prophetic texts from the episode: Of Bajor? Something about the first book makes me wonder if there is a connection to future content. Spiders = Tholians? Webs untouched by time = Iconian involvement? Is my character the hero of the text? hmmmm.

Here are both texts about prophecies if anyone else is interested.

LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!

Prophesies of Menos Jorra

When the People become one of many peoples, they will face many trials
The first trial will be a Trial of Light. A shard from a distant star will fall to the ground. It will be prized by many and its light will illuminate many evils.
Many will try to claim this star, but none will be able to hold it.
It will cut the hands of those who try to touch it and their blood will spill upon the ground.

The second trial is a Trial of Darkness.
Spiders spin webs in corners untouched by time. A mother will be carried away on black wings and her children will cry in the wilderness.
Only when the hero meets himself can this trial be overcome.

The last is the Trial of Fire.
A viper bound in the chains of flame will stire in his sleep. Mountains will crack and tumble ant the sees will rise up and swallow the People.
The tears of the keepers will fall onto the dust and new life will burst forth from the ashes.

Horran's Seventh Prophecy

He will come to the palace, bearing no malice, carrying a chalice filled with sweet wine.
In his hands will be seven branches, and on his brow seven stars. He will be wrapped in cloth of many colors and spread joy wherever he goes.

He will be admitted to the palace and seated at the right hand of the throne. He will speak of many things with the Emissary, and their words will bring great wisdom to the people.
The people will bring many gifts to him, and in return he will give them treasures beyond price. The land will be at peace.

When the moon shines in the day and the night is bright with sun, watch for his coming.
Spread a table for him with red cloth and burn fragrant herbs. Celebrate, for he is the Herald. When he arrices, the people and the Prophets will be as one.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Thought the prophesies were used in the DS9 Episodes and revolving around DS9.

Now would be clever if they adapted them to the upcoming STO events.

With the Prophesies of Menos Jorra:

One people of many peoples (The Federation).

Trial by Light = Destruction of Hobus

Trial of Darkness = The Web of Evil is the Iconians, who are manipulating the game. And who taken Sela aboard a ship of Darkness, leaving the Romulan Empire without a leader.

Trial of Fire = The Iconians reveal themselves in a rampage of destruction that threaten the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.

Horran's Seventh Prophecy:

If in an STO light, could view it as the Player working with the Prophets in speaking for the Federation, Klingon Empire, Romulan Empire, Cardassian Union, Dominion, Deferi, and the Ferengi. And save the Bajoran people from harm.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
They are from DS9 Episodes.
Why to spoil the fun and mystery. lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Why to spoil the fun and mystery. lol
A cat espousing the virtues of restraining one's curiosity? Now that's ironic....btw...hi Zodi.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
The first trial will be a Trial of Light. A shard from a distant star will fall to the ground. It will be prized by many and its light will illuminate many evils.
It being a prophecy and not being nailed to the floor in direct meaning, I could associate this with the whole comet that was evident and featured during the Devidian and Breen series episodes.

Quote:
Spiders spin webs in corners untouched by time. A mother will be carried away on black wings and her children will cry in the wilderness.
Spiders, webs.... Tholians yes... but Iconians too perhaps - is there a link? The mother carried away could be Empress Sela who left her children (Loyalist Romulans) to cry in the wilderness...

Quote:
A viper bound in the chains of flame will stire in his sleep.
Bound in chains of flame? Could it be a reference to the pah-wraiths bound in flame and jailed in the fire caves of Bajor? With the prophet vision on Bajor cutscene I had expected we would see more development of that by mission 4 of the 2800, but it could go on more.

Quote:
He will be wrapped in cloth of many colors and spread joy wherever he goes.
NEEEEEEELIX?!?!?!?!?!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

NEEEEEEELIX?!?!?!?!?!
Oh my Q! That makes sense in a very perverse way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
A cat espousing the virtues of restraining one's curiosity? Now that's ironic....btw...hi Zodi.
I KNOOOOOOW .. is your mind blown now? I know mine is... Oh and Hi QuanMan
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Oh my Q! That makes sense in a very perverse way.
Im listening.......
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2012, 08:08 PM
All I know is that a hand that remains closed ceases to be a hand.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Prophesies of Menos Jorra

When the People become one of many peoples, they will face many trials
Many will try to claim this star, but none will be able to hold it.
It will cut the hands of those who try to touch it and their blood will spill upon the ground.

Seemingly refers to Hobus, yes, but I think specifically to the decalthium weapon. Could also be a Genesis Device.

Only when the hero meets himself can this trial be overcome.

This refers to a Tholian series that will send us to the mirror universe to meet ourselves. (This is one method of traveling between the universes.) The mother could be Sela (perhaps this is where the Iconians sent her) but I think it may actually refer to the Borg Queen, as I suspect she will be a target soon, probably when "Into the Hive" is released, and she will be carried away but not killed, leaving the Collective in chaos.

The last is the Trial of Fire.
A viper bound in the chains of flame will stire in his sleep. Mountains will crack and tumble ant the sees will rise up and swallow the People.
The tears of the keepers will fall onto the dust and new life will burst forth from the ashes.

Dukat is the viper. This could refer to the episode where he is nearly brought back or it could refer to other plans involving him. I think the seas rising up could refer to plans for aquatic content.

I think the "tears of the keepers" refers to the Preservers; it MIGHT even indicate they will sacrifice themselves against the Iconians. This could indicate they will introduce new life. The tiers could also indicate that they have preserved something or they COULD be seeding a new engineered lifeform somewhere.

"From the ashes" heavily implies Romulans, though.

I think we may see a Genesis Device get upgraded with Preserver technology and used to restore Romulus with a new race of indigenous Romulans.