Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2012, 07:44 AM
I have known a number of folks that had their characters retrieved. It does take a little while but Cryptic is very good at getting this done. While slow, you can expect it to be recovered.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveFatal1ty
I have known a number of folks that had their characters retrieved. It does take a little while but Cryptic is very good at getting this done. While slow, you can expect it to be recovered.
Thanks for the encouragment. Day 5 and still no word from CS. I rarely have the need to submit tickets on any game, I do know while playing CoH several years ago it only took a matter of hours for CS to get back to me.

For the record, I dont drink and havn't since '98, it interfears with medication I take. Anyone who would consider using a medical condition as an excuses in a game is a trivial and shallow person IMO. You manage what the world hands you, or you give up, you dont exploit it.

I feel a great swell of pity for anyone who would think other peoples personal issues are point of jest.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveFatal1ty
I've only seen a couple of cases of this on the forums, and in both cases, this was not the facts. according to one post, they were not able to do it, at all.

Given the levels of support here, I'd not hold my breath.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Wow, the haters in here, some of the commentary is ridiculously harsh. Hope you never have a situation where you make a mistake and need help.

A simple ticket to the GMs asking for your toon to be restored. Give it the name@handle and when you deleted it and they'll handle it for you lickety-split. I had this done ages ago and no issues. This is a very very basic service all good games that don't hate their players should offer. "Too bad, so sad" is the mark of a game environment you shouldn't spend any money on.

Might take a few days though, especially with F2P stuff and one of the rare few areas Customer Service gets it right.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrim72 View Post
...Anyone who would consider using a medical condition as an excuses in a game is a trivial and shallow person IMO. You manage what the world hands you, or you give up, you dont exploit it.
I assume that was directed at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimpoman
There could very well be a medical reason that made him forget.
My friend has Adult ADD, which affects his memory to the point that he is protected by law against the effects of his forgetfulness.
In defence of you mate, I was pointing out that people shouldn't be so harsh towards someone over a mistake of memory since there could very well be a very real and valid reason for your memory to fail you,

But after your response, I kinda wish I hadn't bothered. :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Well I wish you luck in getting the character restored. But I got a feeling they won't.

When F2P went live, I had 7 Respec Tokens on my original character, disappear in the update. And a few days ago, having 40 EDCs wasted when it gave me the wrong item. (Believe STOked mentioned this the latest podcast). Two confirmed bugs, CSR would not fix the problem.

So I lost $30 in tokens and 1 month of playing STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
Wow, the haters in here, some of the commentary is ridiculously harsh. Hope you never have a situation where you make a mistake and need help.

A simple ticket to the GMs asking for your toon to be restored. Give it the name@handle and when you deleted it and they'll handle it for you lickety-split. I had this done ages ago and no issues. This is a very very basic service all good games that don't hate their players should offer. "Too bad, so sad" is the mark of a game environment you shouldn't spend any money on.

Might take a few days though, especially with F2P stuff and one of the rare few areas Customer Service gets it right.
This.

They will not just give you the item back, but restoring accounts that have been deleted (typically by hackers) is something that they do.

So theyll restore your character eventually if you follow the advice above, and you'll get whatever items there were on it. If you're lying and there was no Galor, you wont get one. If you're telling the truth, like I believe, you'll get it back. It's that simple

Now lets end this thread...
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-06-2012, 05:29 PM
I added the Handle of the character to my orriginal ticket. As suggested above.
Thanks again gang.