Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Out teams will often have one or two sci ships with 70k dmg and 120k healing... and make no mistake they won the match.
I ran my sci like a tac which is why I made the switch. Never could get good at pvp with it. Mixed him up to much trying to run an mvam. The whole concept was multiple spawn with pho fleet, fleet supp, plasma turret, scorp fighters, and of course mvam. Then I started tailoring my ship towards being a cannonscort and set my abilities appropriatly. Started doing alright but never had the umph that my kling tac has. thinking of making a fed tac with a similar build with a defiant or maybe make it into a beam boat. Hmmm.... -ponders possibilities-
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkenes View Post
I ran my sci like a tac which is why I made the switch. Never could get good at pvp with it. Mixed him up to much trying to run an mvam. The whole concept was multiple spawn with pho fleet, fleet supp, plasma turret, scorp fighters, and of course mvam. Then I started tailoring my ship towards being a cannonscort and set my abilities appropriatly. Started doing alright but never had the umph that my kling tac has. thinking of making a fed tac with a similar build with a defiant or maybe make it into a beam boat. Hmmm.... -ponders possibilities-
If you don't have a fed tac that would be a fun class too role. Leveling in escorts is likely the quickest method of leveling. End game defiant is a dream ship too fly... still the advanced escort is a ton of fun... and even the fleet will grow on you. Don't put beams on em though. have fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-06-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Out teams will often have one or two sci ships with 70k dmg and 120k healing... and make no mistake they won the match.
This is so true... scoreboards are best ignored by sci captains in sci ships. I can watch 10 people die in a match because of something I did to them to soften them up for an incoming volley of torpedoes and still end the match with only 2 or 3 kills scored... 75k damage and 150k healing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-06-2012, 06:46 PM
It's a damn shame that it's not counted accurately. Specially for sci skills. I'd like to see persistent stats on everything, but alas, pvp does not exist for Cryptic.

Escorts and Cruisers get all the high damage and healing numbers respectively. But some things don't count for sci numbers. Skills like CPB, which causes enormous AoE damage on shields if specced right, doesn't cause a lick of damage on the meter.

A long time ago, it was even more vague. The only numbers that counted in the beginning of STO were things that affected HULL ONLY. Every shield heal or shield damage didn't count for numbers.

This pic was from a 30+minute premade vs premade match back in the day.. In today's terms the numbers look weak.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6...n31win1100.jpg

Looks weird, doesn't it? Ultime was an escort... 13 healing, lol. And his damage makes no sense for being the top dpser on our team, even if he was focused a lot, but that's how skewed hull only numbers looked back then.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
There is no personal kill counter... doing dmg too someone means you will get credit for a kill if they buy it at some point in the match after you have damaged there hull. You can count the killed bys if you like... of course this isn't really all that accurate either all that means is you had the last piece of dmg needed to kill X person... so one person could have dmged them for 200k and you might have hit them with one torp for 1k and gotten the You have killed X person.

Honesty the only thing on the score board that counts for anything is the counter that counts your teams kills... if you get too 15 before they do you winz da score board.
but this is why you go by dps and a number of kills. the guy with most of the highest kills but lacking dps compared to the guy with less kills but more dps shows who is in the fight and who is running in guns blazing sweeping out the kills. like the sci who is doing sub nuke and shield stripping dropping shields so the defiant swoops in decloaks with all buffs grabs kills while maybe that sci got the guy down to 60% hp.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otheym81 View Post
It's a damn shame that it's not counted accurately. Specially for sci skills. I'd like to see persistent stats on everything, but alas, pvp does not exist for Cryptic.
Im more than ok with it. If sci skill started showing up on scoreboards, loads of scoreboard heros would start running sci. I'd much rather face escorts and cruisers than good sci captains, so keep lets keep us in the minority!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang

But, I fly an escort, so I should only be concerned with how much damage and healing I've done. It means I'm doing my job of drawing fire away from the weaker (offensively) DPS ships, so they can focus on their buff/debuff abilities.

I don't want to look lazy.

True. I think this is a function of escorts that is often over looked. I personally love it when I'm getting focused the whole match and give the other Scort the opportunity to rain dps on the other team.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otheym81 View Post
This pic was from a 30+minute premade vs premade match back in the day.. In today's terms the numbers look weak.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6...n31win1100.jpg
Instantly recognized all those old DOB guys, I miss the PvP days of old.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 AM.