Lt. Commander
# 1 Mixing MKs to get set bonuses
02-16-2012, 04:44 PM
I heard someone say in Zone chat today that you have to match the MK of your STF set pieces to get the set bonuses. Is this true? If so/not, can you provide evidence that your statement is true? I don't want to waste my EDC on something that won't get me the set bonus.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Sets only give bonuses on their tier and their tier alone - a Mk X Deflector and a Mk XI shield will not work together to give you a setbonus.
It's really that simple.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_House_of_Darok View Post
I heard someone say in Zone chat today that you have to match the MK of your STF set pieces to get the set bonuses. Is this true? If so/not, can you provide evidence that your statement is true? I don't want to waste my EDC on something that won't get me the set bonus.

Thanks.
It's enough proof to me that the Breen set works that way. No set bonus for mixed MKs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2012, 08:09 PM
i think they should fix this so that it would work but apply only the lowest mk bonus
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2012, 08:34 PM
So there's no point in me using my EDCs to buy a MK XI KHG engine to go with my MK XII shield, and there's no way I'm going to grind CSE in the hope that I will get the MK XII engine drop. Nice Cryptic, you've given me a reason NOT to play parts of your game . . .
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_House_of_Darok View Post
So there's no point in me using my EDCs to buy a MK XI KHG engine to go with my MK XII shield, and there's no way I'm going to grind CSE in the hope that I will get the MK XII engine drop. Nice Cryptic, you've given me a reason NOT to play parts of your game . . .
And more, if you get one peace of XII you canot use it, because loosing set bonus is not an option.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2012, 06:06 PM
So . . . is this working as intended, or are there ANY plans to fix it? Seems pretty stupid, but then again . . . well, you know.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Yeah, it's pretty terrible. I just replaced my alt's KHG MKX shield with a XI and noted the shield strength changed by less than 100 points, and regen by 3. On a covariant, you can't even tell that is a difference without an electron microscope. All other aspects of the equiptment are the same.

I doubt XII is any better, so I can't really justify reccomending anyone collect stuff higher than X. Not worth the effort. I've no wish to grind a couple months of elites to gain another 100 shields and 3 regen.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaFury View Post
Yeah, it's pretty terrible. I just replaced my alt's KHG MKX shield with a XI and noted the shield strength changed by less than 100 points, and regen by 3. On a covariant, you can't even tell that is a difference without an electron microscope. All other aspects of the equiptment are the same.

I doubt XII is any better, so I can't really justify reccomending anyone collect stuff higher than X. Not worth the effort. I've no wish to grind a couple months of elites to gain another 100 shields and 3 regen.
That's not all you would gain. At least the ground set bonuses get better with the higher marks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i think they should fix this so that it would work but apply only the lowest mk bonus
That'd be a really good idea.