Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello all. I've recently unlocked the Klingons and I have a question about soloability with the different ship types. I know the cruisers are very survivable. My question is on the Birds of Prey. They look very squishy. As a tac Klingon, should I go with the Raptors or stick with the Birds of Prey? I like the idea of combat cloak... but no shields coming out sort of worries me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Bop is the coolest ship in the game.
As long as you are not an eng go that way because you can play different ways
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 07:44 AM
BoP's are very squishy, but you can learn the trick of boosting hull resistance (via Polarize Hull, etc) and then cloaking under fire.

And of course the main trick is to kill the target before your squishiness matters.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the replies. Do we get some sort of increased critical chance when firing from cloak?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Raptor if you want a Defiant-R style of play, as its got the same BOff set-up but a slighter different pivot point to its turn.

BoP if you wish to play a strike fast and escape sort of Targ Pack game. Very capable but way squishy unless constantly buffed for resists and heals.
You can protect yourself against BCing by buffing your hull resists as you cloak to leave target and a similiar tactic is true when comming out of cloak to attack, buff your shields to get them up quickly and be resistant to incomming attacks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Yup, BOPs are squishy. But they are dang fun to fly. They are a unique ship in the game, and allows an extremely flexible style of gameplay due to the universal BO slots. I love my BOP. I've never had a problem coming out of cloak. When you start to cloak, however, your shields go down first. Generally not a good idea when your hull is low, and I don't use it much in the thick of combat. But I mainly use it when I'm just waiting for red alert status to end. It gives you time to cloak and decloak for your next target to give you the decloak damage bonus. You can go full DPS build with CRF 3, or you can go with sci build with Grav well 3. Or you can go both, and have BOs to switch in and out which is what I do.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2012, 09:47 AM
The BoP is one of the best ships in the game, as others have stated.

My biggest suggestion is to keep your defense bonus going by increasing your speed. Go fast enough to not get hit and leave enough weapon power so you still bite.

That is all I got.... hope it helps.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
You can protect yourself against BCing by buffing your hull resists as you cloak to leave target and a similiar tactic is true when comming out of cloak to attack, buff your shields to get them up quickly and be resistant to incomming attacks.
BCing? I am unfamiliar with the term. Probably know what it is, just not placing the acronym.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCrater
BCing? I am unfamiliar with the term. Probably know what it is, just not placing the acronym.
Battle Cloaking
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2012, 01:15 PM
While in combat (when the red alert is flashig at the top) ships cannot cloak...unless they have a battlecloak.