Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2012, 11:17 AM
probably just bad wording but a confirmation would nip a potential rage thread in the bud.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2012, 11:22 AM
  • They will return with the Duty Officer expansion.

The duty expansion is on the 8th so maybe the missions will be fixed on the 8th?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2012, 11:23 AM
They might also be adding new doffs from the expansion to the free packs. The 3 free doffs from the newest FE had new traits like Telekinesis. It would suck if new assignments called for these traits but there was no free way of getting them.

Also the system was broken, I was getting doffs I couldn't use as a Fed player. Maybe those cardasians I was getting should have been green/blue or purple doffs.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm pretty sure its bad wording as well; but it is interesting to see the panic reaction. Makes me wonder if there is some sort of trust issue with Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
probably just bad wording but a confirmation would nip a potential rage thread in the bud.
It states in the patch notes it's temporary and will return when the Doff system expansion is released. So, it is temporary; BUT, the only way they'd stop any thread raging is to post a date fpr the expected release of the" Doff System expansion" - but I doubt they are going to do that.

Like others have said, it appears they disabled it because Doffs in the database that were not supposed to be released in game yet, are being awarded in these Doff Recruitment assignments; so they disabled them to get a handle on that.

That they'll wait to re-enable them until the aforementioned "Doff System Expansion" is ready will cause consterbation and rage amoung those who min max the Doff system regardless of anything Cryptic would post further on the subject.

IF the Doff system expansion is planned for release relaively soon (IE a couple of weeks); it probably won't be too bad. If it's a few months away (and part of Season 6); I'd expect the raging to start and maintain itself for quite a while.

Edited to add:

Just took a look at teh Calendar for March and saw this:

Quote:
8. Duty Officer Expansion (C-Store)
<--- Meaning 3/8/12

So, it looks as if this situation will only be fior a few days (unless something else pops up); so I wouldn't be all that concerned just yet - it looks like they are just doing a bug fix to stop the Doffs that shouldn't be part of the Doff assignment award from being rewarded on said assignments.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
I'm pretty sure its bad wording as well; but it is interesting to see the panic reaction. Makes me wonder if there is some sort of trust issue with Cryptic.
I know, right? It's like they undermined the community's faith in them at some point in the past or some crazy thing like that. :p

Seriously, though, I can see Cryptic doing something as equisitely stupid as making DOFFs C-Store only. I really, really can.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
IF the Doff system expansion is planned for release relaively soon (IE a couple of weeks); it probably won't be too bad. If it's a few months away (and part of Season 6); I'd expect the raging to start and maintain itself for quite a while.
Is three days from now soon enough?
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-05-2012, 12:26 PM
But what about existing Doff recruitment missions that did not complete before this went into effect? Do they still complete or are they made null and void?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Nooooo!!!

I had recruitment assignments in progress!!! :O
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-05-2012, 12:54 PM
I hope this just means no new recruitment assignments will be issued until Thursday...