Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-05-2012, 01:01 PM
I had a recruitment mission in progress before they turned it off. It finished a bit ago and gave me one of those regular cadre boxes. So I think the patch simply stops new ones from being issued.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
Yeah, I've been getting Cardassians and Vortas and other stuff that's not supposed to be out yet for the past few days from the recruitment assignments. It's just temporary.
Cardassian and Vortas pack is part of the gift for completing this last Episode.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-05-2012, 01:39 PM
The original plan was for the new species to be primarily available through a new C-Store duty officer pack, and secondarily through the Exchange or from rare repeatables at the end of new recruitment chains for each of the new species.

Late last week, QA and I missed a bug that let the new species slip into department recruitment assignments, as well as a different bug that has some dropping on the ground as well.

The emergency fix was to patch in a change to temporarily turn off department recruitment assignments (e.g., "Tactical Cadre Recruitment") until the full fix can come out with the full baseline build, which is usually later in the week, though that can vary depending on what issues are found in QA and various unexpected situations.

When the full baseline build goes up, the department cadre assignments will be back, exactly as they were, except not giving out Cardassians and Bajorans and Ferasans.

Recruitment assignments currently in progress should - pretty sure - be unaffected by this.

Non-departmental recruitment assignments - asylums, general cadre recruitments, prisoner exchanges, etc. - are unaffected by this and should occur as normal.

There is also a separate special 3-pack given as a reward for one of the Feature Episodes; this went out as designed and is not affected with any of the above other than that it uses some of the new species.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-05-2012, 02:22 PM
I was able to start a recruitment mission just an hour ago on one of my characters

*Edit* Ahh, just saw Heretic's post and the assignment started is a Federation Assignment, not a specific type. Explains it
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-05-2012, 02:23 PM
I'd like more doff mission slots for sure and I'm quite happy to pay for a few rare doffs. But removing free recruitment all together would be a bit nasty as some of them have a small chance of actually being lost on missions but then we all love to gamble with real money.. don't we?

Glad to hear it was just a glitch, not that I was being cynical or anything It's a very nice part of the game so thank you for your hard work on it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Hmm, perhaps future, major addons, will be cstore purchases only, rather than freebies
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-05-2012, 03:18 PM
For my part, I'm starting to wonder if the 400 doff and 20 mission limit is where the C-store should be focused upon. Plus I for one feel that plans for higher tier ranks 5 and possibly 6 should be formally considered, as once the rank 4 level is reached, what is there to do then? Such 'is' something I'm wondering about, as I've hit rank 3 in Medical, and I 'know' others have been even more hardcore with the system, than I myself have.

Maybe we should begin seeing C-store 'mission' packs, and rank tier increases where the number total to reach rank 6 or something, would be a long term achievement to work towards, or some combination along these lines.

The current situation with the doff recruitment packs, I feel is a smaller problem, to be honest. I feel a larger problem is already looming.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Additional tiers, tier rewards and ways tiers interact with other parts of the game are in fact under discussion internally.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-05-2012, 09:36 PM
edited out