Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
There's an issue with Cure Ground Elite right now. I've tried 7 times in the last 3 days to just beat the mission. None of them have happened for the same reason.

The second set of drone devices are causing real issues. There's so much going on there on Elite that it's driven away at least 2 players every time I run the STF, making it virtually unwinnable because there isn't enough players to clear the area. I'm an engineering captain so I can't pick up the slack of losing a tactical captain or two.

It's getting to the point that most of the teams I've been on, even good ones, have players who are so freaking worn out by this happening repeatedly. I'm not sure what should be done, but that section feels like hitting a brick wall. Either nerf that section of the level a bit so that it's a bit more managable or make leaving that STF not come with a Leaver Penalty, because after 7 of those penalties, it's getting rediculous.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Stop queueing for public elite runs. Join the EliteSTF channel in game and wait for one of the more experienced groups to ask for more players. Make sure you have all the correct gear and weapons (bring all your class kits so if they ask you to do a specific job you will be prepared). After you see how that mission is run properly a few times start running your own groups..

????????????
Profit
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2012, 09:33 PM
I've never even tried a Cure Ground Elite. Because the same friggin' thing happens in normal.
I have never- not once- competed Cure Ground. Every single time I've played you get stuck on the part with the turrets.
IMHO the only way to get through it- on normal or elite- is to do it with a fleet or other pre-made.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2012, 09:51 PM
There really isn't any need to nerf the mission, you have to understand that though they may be accessible via the public queues, the Elite versions of the STFs are not necessarily intended for uncoordinated PUGs. If you can't find a group of friends to do it with, then use the time before the first shield goes down before you can engage the Borg to coordinate team assignments and such, go over strategy, whatever you need to do to get the mission accomplished. Getting the optional is very doable on this mission if you assign mission roles before hand, have a designated bomb-planter and have everyone else suppressing the little turrets that beam in.

Check out the link in my signature for a detailed walk-though of the STFs. Link to it at mission start and make sure everyone understands strategies and mission roles before you trigger the timer. The problem isn't with the mission, its with how people are doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2012, 02:24 PM
invasion of the noobs

they want the gear too but don't want to earn they want it now
I don't blame vets for wuiting it is quit frustrating dealin with people that will not listen to vets

who have run over 300 times min
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2012, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
I've never even tried a Cure Ground Elite. Because the same friggin' thing happens in normal.
I have never- not once- competed Cure Ground. Every single time I've played you get stuck on the part with the turrets.
IMHO the only way to get through it- on normal or elite- is to do it with a fleet or other pre-made.
I've tried that so many times, I've only ever got past those sections ONCE, somehow the team and I managed to rip through it. It took at least 5 attempts to kill the drone at the end, imagine my frustration that after taking so long to complete the mission at last, and I get crappy loot as a reward

At least I remember the name of at least one of my teammates from that mission
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Agreed, it gets very frustriating when people show up to ELITE with no clue as to what to do, thats why noobs should NOT be aloud access to this mission without first completeing the normal version first.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2012, 05:44 AM
Well i have all STf except The Cure Ground Elite so now i have been grinding it alot of times and i know what exactly what to do.

Now about what your saying that ppl quiting while in the middle of cure ground elite i myself had some ppl qutting its really about the team and what equipement you have if you dont have enough DPS or not the right kit you cannot do it right or if you dont have the classes it all depends on what you have.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2012, 02:23 PM
It's getting quite problematic.

From here on in, I'm packing unbound Pulsewave rifles and enough hypos and regenerators to at least equip a couple of newbies.

Take that as a hint, vets. Instead of complaining and ragequitting... do something about it. The above is my plan to do something. It's more than most deserve.