Lt. Commander
# 101
03-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
"I wanted to Fight!" 1 star, after mission had a clear disclaimer: "This is a diplomacy mission with NO combat."
Gah!

You gotta wonder how these people are able to get the game even started, let alone find the Foundry missions!
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Hunter View Post
Gah!

You gotta wonder how these people are able to get the game even started, let alone find the Foundry missions!
ROFL!!
You really have to wonder why some of these people haven't already been removed from the gene-pool after some darwin-award attempt.
Lt. Commander
# 103
03-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woghd
ROFL!!
You really have to wonder why some of these people haven't already been removed from the gene-pool after some darwin-award attempt.
http://i.imgur.com/rGfCH.jpg

Thats why
Lt. Commander
# 104
04-10-2012, 03:38 AM
I got a one star from someone who played Part 2 of Atlas Affair before Part 1, and he couldn't figure out what was going on. That's even though I have a warning in the accept mission box that says this is the second half (as if the name including Part 2 wasn't obvious enough to begin with).

Sometimes I wish we could ban certain people from playing our missions.
Lt. Commander
# 105
04-10-2012, 03:55 AM
I got a 1 star review cause the guy couldn't figure out where to go,despite it being said TWICE!
Lt. Commander
# 106
04-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Ryu
I got a 1 star review cause the guy couldn't figure out where to go,despite it being said TWICE!
I hope my map doesn't end up like that... xD
Lt. Commander
# 107
04-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Oh yeah, you gotta love it. You have a nice 4-5 star average, then you get people who 1 star it because they can't be bothered to read instructions...

I spent 3 months creating my mission, and I know it's not a total disaster because it get's 5 star ratings. Then somebody one-stars it for no good reason and it sinks into the nether-zone...it's a shame.
Lt. Commander
# 108
04-16-2012, 03:59 AM
Besides the people who are just to stu.. *erm* impatient to read and to easily distracted from the mission content; coming from something like the Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset & what adventures could be created there to the STO foundry REALLY gives a good feeling of how it is to move from a high tech livestyle into a cave.

If someone does no use the foundry but just plays I can easily understand why she/hes ****ed off about something "simple" like lack of gender based dialouge branching for example. They just don't know how very, very deep some authors have to dig into the trick box to get something done outside of some pewpew.
Lt. Commander
# 109
04-17-2012, 04:12 AM
At the risk of sounding ingratiating, I wanted to say thanks to everyone doing Foundry missions. I did my first one this evening, Nine of Deep Space, and loved it. It was fast and fun, multidimensional, challenging (on advanced difficulty) without being frustrating, the payoff was excellent, and it takes place in and around DS9. If this is a taste of what a good average foundry mission is like, then I indeed have much to look forward to.

BTW, I wanted to write more in the review, but it seems the space given for this is limited to maybe 3-4 sentences.
Lt. Commander
# 110
04-17-2012, 05:45 AM
heh, someone couldn't read the directions given twice, and the same direction listed in the Objectives Panel and ... I kid you not... said that I should be "shot" for it.

I'd be worried if I believed he'd be smart enough to put a bullet in the gun the right way.