Lt. Commander
# 11
03-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Look at it this way. I'm sure a good chunk of those free-to-players are new to the game (in LOTRO we used to call them Froobs). They don't know how the foundry works and what it can't do.

Of course you can get that problem with longtime players too. No people, I cannot let you keep that captured Scimitar!
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-06-2012, 01:33 PM
As someone who is F2P and has done a couple of foundry missions, I skip the review box because I don't wish to review it. I feel the review should be optional and then it wouldn't mark people down because someone skipped it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-06-2012, 01:46 PM
I just want a play counter. After 785 reviews, it's pretty well established what the rating is. I'm more interested to see how often it is played.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niliakhawnt
As someone who is F2P and has done a couple of foundry missions, I skip the review box because I don't wish to review it. I feel the review should be optional and then it wouldn't mark people down because someone skipped it.
As long as you presse the Esc key or the cancel button, no review is submitted... As such, you are not the ones we are talking about.

But some of the above mentioned "Music isn't right"... Yea... Foundry authours don't decide wich music to play or things like that... The people who downrate a mission because of somthing that stupid, shouldn even be allowed the option.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-10-2012, 05:48 AM
I just got this (I'm paraphrasing to correct grammer, remove insults, etc)

Quote:
1 Star: Big boss at the end is hard.
Uh, yeah! That's why it's the boss at the end. And like everything other boss in this game, if you are properly spec'd, it doesn't take that long.

It's amazing how much people are dying against the final boss when I have to actively try to die in order to test the repawn point. Last time I removed my shield, armor, and just used my melee weapon and still only managed to die once during the battle.

So, if you don't like having your skills tested, avoid my missions.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I just got this (I'm paraphrasing to correct grammer, remove insults, etc)

Uh, yeah! That's why it's the boss at the end. And like everything other boss in this game, if you are properly spec'd, it doesn't take that long.

It's amazing how much people are dying against the final boss when I have to actively try to die in order to test the repawn point. Last time I removed my shield, armor, and just used my melee weapon and still only managed to die once during the battle.

So, if you don't like having your skills tested, avoid my missions.
I can see both sides of this. That particular boss can be difficult for new players who aren't familiar with various skills and techniques. I find that boss's fire bomb killing all of my away team the most annoying really. But, I still don't die as I walk around and bring them all back to life. Also, I've found that a lot of players forget they have the hyposprays or just don't use them, expecting that you shouldn't have to use them in the game at all. I always find that funny.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maziken
I can see both sides of this. That particular boss can be difficult for new players who aren't familiar with various skills and techniques. I find that boss's fire bomb killing all of my away team the most annoying really. But, I still don't die as I walk around and bring them all back to life. Also, I've found that a lot of players forget they have the hyposprays or just don't use them, expecting that you shouldn't have to use them in the game at all. I always find that funny.
It just aggravates me. I nerfed the very last battle so it isn't quite as hard. But when I went to test it, I forgot to put my shield and armor back on. And I purposefully didn't use hypos. The first death was purposeful to test the respawn point but I only died one time after that. And that was because I got spawn camped by a fireball that wiped out my entire team before we had moved. After that respwan, my health never got below 50%. And I used the every so skillful "walking around in circles" to avoid getting hit.

I'll just have to ignore other complaints of it being too hard. There is nothing else I can do to make it easier without giving people the ability a kill-button.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
It just aggravates me. I nerfed the very last battle so it isn't quite as hard. But when I went to test it, I forgot to put my shield and armor back on. And I purposefully didn't use hypos. The first death was purposeful to test the respawn point but I only died one time after that. And that was because I got spawn camped by a fireball that wiped out my entire team before we had moved. After that respwan, my health never got below 50%. And I used the every so skillful "walking around in circles" to avoid getting hit.

I'll just have to ignore other complaints of it being too hard. There is nothing else I can do to make it easier without giving people the ability a kill-button.
Yeah, you just have to roll with the punches. My mission "Here Today, Gorn Tomorrow" is rather short, I like to think. So do a lot of the reviewers, they like it because it is short. But that doesn't stop some players from complaining it is too long in their reviews ...
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Do you test on Advanced? On that level some bosses can still kill you in less then 10 secs. I have XII purple ground stuff, combat armor skill etc (50-60% defense). My away team has all XI and XII blues and prurples. But 1 single Breen captains mob can kill me in secs on advanced. Heal, hypo shield generator, tons of laser turrets, whatever, boom I'm dead. Shorty my team is dead, too.

I gave 1 star to a mission which had 6 mobs (incl capt mob) in one small room with a trigger on the other side of the room. I guess it was a challenge on Normal, but there are 2 more levels some people tend to forget about.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra80 View Post
Do you test on Advanced? On that level some bosses can still kill you in less then 10 secs. I have XII purple ground stuff, combat armor skill etc (50-60% defense). My away team has all XI and XII blues and prurples. But 1 single Breen captains mob can kill me in secs on advanced. Heal, hypo shield generator, tons of laser turrets, whatever, boom I'm dead. Shorty my team is dead, too.

I gave 1 star to a mission which had 6 mobs (incl capt mob) in one small room with a trigger on the other side of the room. I guess it was a challenge on Normal, but there are 2 more levels some people tend to forget about.
You know ... I never even considered the higher difficulty levels. I suppose that would make a huge difference. Perhaps there need to be categories in the upcoming tagging system to indicate if a mission is balanced for Normal, Hard, or Elite difficulty.