Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
I'm afraid they have. Stormshade went on a 72 hour banning binge last year over quoting the dev team. The reason being that Dan and others had made promises, and when those were not met- folks started asking, quoting threads that the Devs had posted in, etc. Shade eventually threw his hands up in the air and started bans over it. Lot of posts got deleted over it.
Unfortunately it is against the forum rules to discuss moderation so I cant discuss any of that with you. However I can tell you that I have been quoting Dev posts for over 2 years now and never gotten in trouble for it. Its what you say in response that may get you in trouble, but not quoting the posts themselves.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
This is probably what happened behind the scenes. Perfect World said we want the Klingons on par with the Federation. Cryptic responded with it's impossible with our current man power. We'd need at least twice as many developers. Perfect World responded with "if you you make us mad money, we'll let you hire enough people to expand the kling dings." Now, lets consider some other things. We know Cryptic has hired three people recently. My guess is that the remaining hires needed for a klingon expansion won't come about until a few more lock box events get introduced-maybe 1-2 more.

Let me make another prediction here. I don't think Cryptic will have enough devs to be able to complete a kdf expansion by the time season 6 is released-June July. I think the Klingon expansion will come with season 7 at around Christmas later this year, possibly delayed to February. So, all I can say is... ladies and gentleman start your engines!!! Ready...set...be patient!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Sorry, DStahl's comments can be categorized like this: 40% PR BS, 30% hollow promise, 20% flat out lie, 10% truth. There is a high chance that the particular comment belongs to one of the first three categories.
Because of that, asking for followup is kinda useless.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
"IŽll believe it when I see it" ?
Story of my life. Although I think the devs have been getting better at getting in game what they say they want to get in-game since STO first launched.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-05-2012, 06:34 PM
I think it is fair to ask any questions on anything that an employee of Cryptic or PWE say about this game. Afterall, why publically say something but expect that no one is going to hold you to task or at least follow up? And it is about just that, expectations. If they do not want to build certain expectations within their paying client base then they shouldn't say anything at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unfortunately it is against the forum rules to discuss moderation so I cant discuss any of that with you. However I can tell you that I have been quoting Dev posts for over 2 years now and never gotten in trouble for it. Its what you say in response that may get you in trouble, but not quoting the posts themselves.
You may enjoy some protection due to being a forum "celebrity". I'm sure that if the Grand Nagus got banned for some trivial marketing cover-up, there would be a big backlash from the community.

However, when Bob the Redshirt gets banned for some trivial marketing cover-up, no one notices or cares.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley1701 View Post
I think it is fair to ask any questions on anything that an employee of Cryptic or PWE say about this game. Afterall, why publically say something but expect that no one is going to hold you to task or at least follow up? And it is about just that, expectations. If they do not want to build certain expectations within their paying client base then they shouldn't say anything at all.
It is sure fair, but it is pointless, too.

Why set expectations? To make you sub one more month. Dev comments like that make you believe that the big change you are waiting for is just around the corner. The main purpuse of the engineering reports was that. It worked for a while, but it became all too obvious that certain things (like exploration, PVP, KDF, hair tech, minigames...) were there just for the show.

This kind of "openness" should be rather called lip service. D'Angelo was not really good at that. He stated honest facts and not pipe dreams. The community didn't really like that, they got used to the carrot on the stick. Now DStahl back, who is a great politican and spin master, so we can have our carrot again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Umm...given that the KDF has been promised more content since the initial release, I think it's a fair question.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-05-2012, 07:26 PM
A lot of stuff in the In Development section didn't get made. Under the title in the In Development section it says something like [paraphrasing] being actively worked on. Plans can't change that much unless something is really wrong. It's pretty clear they were just telling people what they wanted to hear. They didn't have any intention of making a lot of that stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra80 View Post
This kind of "openness" should be rather called lip service. D'Angelo was not really good at that. He stated honest facts and not pipe dreams. The community didn't really like that, they got used to the carrot on the stick. Now DStahl back, who is a great politican and spin master, so we can have our carrot again.
Very true .
What's more , some people (caugh ... Nagus ... cagh) can't wait to jump on and ride the carrot once more .
Lucky for us (TBD) , Dan's keeping his carrot in check for the time being .
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 AM.