Lt. Commander
# 21
03-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Stahl makes promises about Foundry, Foundry crowd celebrates like it's the Second Coming.

Stahl makes promises about the Klingons, is called a liar and has his integrity openly questioned by some members of the forum.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I think they're parsing the numbers. As Daniel said on STOked, it's a "chicken and egg" thing but I think you have to make the case that it's worth buying the chicken for the number of eggs it will produce. And if you can't, you have to start coming up with other ways the chicken can earn its keep.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Stahl makes promises about the Klingons, is called a liar and has his integrity openly questioned by some members of the forum.
Did you watch the latest STOked? He basically said it's a chicken and egg problem and is it worth the development cost to make that content for the KDF? "You might see Klingon content before next year" said it all really.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-06-2012, 01:30 AM
I really hate to point this out, but almost all of Dan's post prior to him leaving have been put into the "Well he's not here anymore so you can't hold us to those post" category.
There were alot of post by Dan that were ignored when Steven took over. I'm not bringing any of that stuff back up and I'm not going to link to any post, I'm just pointing out the fact that when Dan left all of the plan's that he told us were null and void......

All of this being said I would like to know if the Klingons are ever going to get the build-up that they need to make this an actual 2 faction game......

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Did you watch the latest STOked? He basically said it's a chicken and egg problem and is it worth the development cost to make that content for the KDF? "You might see Klingon content before next year" said it all really.
Yes but in business there is always a loss before a profit starts to be made. As such there really is no chicken and egg situation. It is just a way of giving people an idea something may happen without ever actually going into it or even doing it. In effect it is not answering the question, which given the defense some people gave for Dan suprised me in the priority one podcast, I expected answers not politic-speak.

As someone who tried the KDF and stopped before even completing the starter quests as runing around a city is eye gougingly dull. They could have mirrored the Fed starter quests with the Borg and given it a Klingon twist. "Your captain has beved like a coward and tried to flee so you took command in the way any true member of the empire with honour would" that sort of thing. It would be a definate improvement on the current starter content.

In every game I have played that has two factions I have always played both sides. I know if it was brought inline with the Fed side of things I would buy two more character slots to have the three "classes" on both sides. That's just for starters.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-06-2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post
You may enjoy some protection due to being a forum "celebrity".
Peregrine_Falcon is not a forum celebrity now?
The devil is in the detail. Being critical of Cryptic is not the big deal. The manner in which you express criticism is.

---

Otherwise, I'd also like to know what the results of the talks were.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-06-2012, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Peregrine_Falcon is not a forum celebrity now?
The devil is in the detail. Being critical of Cryptic is not the big deal. The manner in which you express criticism is.

---

Otherwise, I'd also like to know what the results of the talks were.
PF didnt make quite the habit of kissing Cryptics hind end as some have. Though he did have a bout or 2.

O and plenty of ppl got the MOD hammer for asking simple questions....manner be hanged.

And lets not forget Stahl...much of what he said BEFORE he left was fluff and filler ...now that hes left and come back anything he said before is clearly moot. Hes shown his usual political speak anyway...same old Stahl so far.

Funny, so many of the Stahl apologists were really protective when he left. And now that hes back hes still the same spin master that he was, and his flock have gotten right back in line, lips pursed to do their duty. Its all 1 huge joke now..even worse than before. Asking these questions is 100% useless now. They may get the KDF done.....but dont hold your breath.

Besides, I leveled my first KDF toon back around season 2, when there really wasnt anything for a Klingon to do. Think its rough now? LOL..Its not. I think playing my old Klingon was more fun overall than the rest of my toons put together. The game was newish, and fun...not the BS riddled mess we have now. Plus, some of the games fun factor depends on your point of view.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-06-2012, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Anything is possible when you throw enough resources at it.

The reason I'm refusing to give a firm timeframe is because there are several options on that table that have wildly different outcomes. So in reference to the above, we are still talking with PW about the ultimate resolution of the faction issue. The long term result depends greatly on the outcome of several options on the table. Once we know how we are going to approach the issue, then I can give a more realistic timeframe.

In the meantime the content team IS working on more KDF only content, and you should some of that soon. Just keep in mind KDF content isn't the ONLY thing we are working on.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...61#post4061861

I`m cautiously optimistic.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-06-2012, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Itīs a bit strange that one day they are actually working on KDF content and months later there are only proposals to be made....

Sure, plans change. But doesnīt that mean we shouldnīt actually give a rats *behind* about what the devs say. And stick just to "Iīll believe it when I see it" ?
I conur. Very unprofessional
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-06-2012, 03:40 AM
There has to be a solution to this. A plan. An answer.
I hate feeling embarased played the kdf.
I hate seeing the feds get stuff and the kdf don't even get a forum reply.