Lt. Commander
# 1 Pointless Fleets?
03-05-2012, 01:39 PM
So I ranked up to level 25 on the Federation some time ago, when I did, I started the Klingon one up, got that drained tutorial out of the way, and then customized my ship and crew ready for when I decided to take up the Klingon campaign.

That was today. I'm Vice Admiral on my Federation account now, figured it's time to alternate between the factions now that I've maxed out my avaliable level (I've only done the Klingon story, so still plenty more to do on that as well as the Klingon faction).

Anyway, was in the Klingon Shipyards, looking at what ships were avaliable to me once I hit rank 30, and noticed there were ships avaliable to me before the Norgh Type. Seeing as the Norgh Type is one of the first three choices, I'm a little confused.

What is the point of the Somraw, Quldun and K'tango ships? They're weaker than my Norgh, and it just seems a little pointless having them there. Wondered if there was any... logical explanation?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Thoose are leftovers from before Season 5 and Free2PlayBigTime.

Klingons used to start out at pretty much the same level Fed's did.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2012, 06:35 PM
^ yes, we used to start at Lt. with a Brel, then go to Lt.Com. and choose one of those three. In the beginning there was no Ktango, that was added in season 1 I think. I always liked the Quldun, pretty cool looking.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-06-2012, 06:39 AM
It's also intresting to note that FvK PVP queues exist prior to Commander still, which aside from being redundant, seems to still have people queueing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
It's also intresting to note that FvK PVP queues exist prior to Commander still, which aside from being redundant, seems to still have people queueing.
It would certainly make more sense to block off those lower tiers to avoid confusion but then again who knows what they'd break in the process. Much less how long it would take to fix it, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Thoose are leftovers from before Season 5 and Free2PlayBigTime.

Klingons used to start out at pretty much the same level Fed's did.
Indeed, but with the same amount of story missions we have now and a starting level of 6 (whcih corresponds to the current level 5).
So there was a big imbalance between levels and missions so Cryptic had the choice of making more missions and...this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2012, 06:33 PM
and now you know WHY kdf play starts at commander.. and the studio seems to keep coming up with even more excuses as to why they might not fill out the KDF content after all.. In spite of saying they were going to.

seems like a phenomonally stupid way to run a game studio and make an MMO don't it?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Now that the shareholders are in the drivers seat, the devs have to do what the spread sheets tell them to. buckle up this ride is going to get even more crazy.