Lt. Commander
So who owns the James Darren CD "This One's From the Heart"?

Mine has been in my car along with some Michael Buble for about 6 years now I think :p

Love DS9 and the character Vic Fontaine

Hope we get so see Vic in STO one day.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
So who owns the James Darren CD "This One's From the Heart"?

Mine has been in my car along with some Michael Buble for about 6 years now I think :p

Love DS9 and the character Vic Fontaine

Hope we get so see Vic in STO one day.
No. but it is on my list to get.

What I do own is Ol' Yellow Eyes Is Back by Brent Spiner... It is an interesting album.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2012, 08:20 PM
We can't put Vic in any more than we can put in Picard or Kirk. There are likeness rights that we would have to buy, and I'd guess they aren't cheap.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
We can't put Vic in any more than we can put in Picard or Kirk. There are likeness rights that we would have to buy, and I'd guess they aren't cheap.
Just out of curiosity, you did buy the likeness right for Chase Masterson. yes ?

Iīm not sure how much the Dabo hologram actually resembles her.... but that could be to circumvent the likeness issue or due to limitation on how accurate the graphic engine can be.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Just out of curiosity, you did buy the likeness right for Chase Masterson. yes ?

Iīm not sure how much the Dabo hologram actually resembles her.... but that could be to circumvent the likeness issue or due to limitation on how accurate the graphic engine can be.
Ha! yes good point.

I doubt the character modelling could even resemble an actor even if we wanted it to

Definitely not curvy enough :p (move slider to far right ->)
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Ha! yes good point.

I doubt the character modelling could even resemble an actor even if we wanted it to

Definitely not curvy enough :p (move slider to far right ->)
Hm, I donīt know. Iīm no fan of cleavage that generates itīs own gravity field... but hey, whatever powers your warp drive. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
But we can have Worf, Leeta, Female Shapeshifter, Naomi Wildman, Icheb, the voice of both spocks, etc?

Whats the difference?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Yes, presumably we got rights to Chase, but that's all legal questions I'm not really qualified to answer.

I know that likeness rights are necessary.

I know that they are not trivial to get.

I know that it is not likely (but not impossible) that more will be acquired in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-of-Nine
But we can have Worf, Leeta, Female Shapeshifter, Naomi Wildman, Icheb, the voice of both spocks, etc?

Whats the difference?
Worf doesnīt look like the Worf from the shows or the movies a.k.a. Michael Dorn. Iīm not sure about Leeta, but she doesnīt scream Chase Masterson to me either. Shapeshifters all look alike anyway.

Voices are not likenesses (?!) and they paid them well I would guess.

Naomi Wildman and Icheb donīt look much like their older selfs from tht one episode where Janeway traveled through time.

Though it makes one wonder at what point there had to be likeness rights granted....
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Yes, presumably we got rights to Chase, but that's all legal questions I'm not really qualified to answer.

I know that likeness rights are necessary.

I know that they are not trivial to get.

I know that it is not likely (but not impossible) that more will be acquired in the future.
Who would you like to have in the game if you could pick any Star Trek actor ?