Lt. Commander
# 11
03-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Damn, it all sounds so awesome. Shame i wont be able to use it without my head exploding..... *cries*
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-07-2012, 02:21 PM
I went through and took quite a few more pics... some of space combat, some of ground combat, and some of me just messin around and takin pic like a scumbag tourist.

I left the HUD up in ALL pictures. Might help some have that focal point... plus that's how you'd actually be playing. sort of impossible to really play without a HUD.

ENJOY!

http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

As a note... 3D in game is very configurable. I normally like to turn up the 3D depth as well as the convergence to really pull you in. Some don't like it turned up that much. If you think these pics are too intense... it's just because it's my personal preference. the effect can be turned waaay down. I'm just hardcore is all.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the great example pictures. I will be strongly considering going back to Stereoscopic 3D when I get a new computer later this year.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Thanks for the great example pictures. I will be strongly considering going back to Stereoscopic 3D when I get a new computer later this year.
Yeah... they're awesome, but understand that I've disabled just about every targeting mechanism in the game. It's possible to play like this... and it is quite enjoyable visually, but there's a ton of information that's gone just so I can play in 3D. If you look at the names of the star systems on some of my sector images, you'll see the names are at screen depth. You'll also see the same on a couple of chat bubbles with the ground combat. Imagin the same thing, but hovering above 20 starships along with the mines they drop, targetable torpedoes, etc.

Again... the reason why this thread is called "Want to see STO 3D vision Enabled"

These are really not major issues to fix. They just need to try.