Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I want leethen Ramones wannabes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
It's possible. We definitely couldn't show Vic. But the club is doable.
Don't tease me like that :p

At least we will have a use for the formal wear at last.

I would never leave Vic's!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I want leethen Ramones wannabes.
The B-52's would probably fit in better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-05-2012, 09:43 PM
You know, Jonathan Coulton releases his stuff under a generous license. I'm fairly sure he'd agree to be a performer at Vic's, whether using existing stuff or maybe recording something new.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
It's possible. We definitely couldn't show Vic. But the club is doable.
Actually, you may be able to do so. Contact James Darren and ask him if he would let you guys let his DS9 persona live on in STO. Didn't he put together an album that consisted mainly of the songs he sang on DS9? With the Vic's Lounge program as a C-store unlock, maybe a joint-sales agreement between him and his people could allow not only the use of his image, but also the full collection of all the songs Vic sang.

Players could turn the audio on and off.

I could talk to Vic and request one of his songs. Requests would get added to a queue. If I request something that is already in the Queue, then it would not be added twice.

And if you can't actually show Vic because he or his people say no, the music thing could still be possible.

Having James Darren in a recurring role, singing songs he would be singing anyway, had to have been a mutually beneficial thing for him and the show. Maybe he would be willing to contribute to STO which is the only way Trek is currently alive. Would it really hurt to ask?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Tamarian Blues Brothers?

:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
It's possible. We definitely couldn't show Vic. But the club is doable.
I actually know James Darren and he actually liked playing Vic and would be very agreeable to doing a voice over or even porting over a couple of his songs to the game. You should contact him.

He likes having people just listening to him and the star trek crowd, though at the time unlikely, but are fans none the less.

I know you would probably have to have your Legal Eagles do some talking with his agent, but if you appeal to him personally, I think he would say yes.

just fyi Tumer/Cryptic.

-AE
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
Actually, you may be able to do so. Contact James Darren and ask him if he would let you guys let his DS9 persona live on in STO. Didn't he put together an album that consisted mainly of the songs he sang on DS9? With the Vic's Lounge program as a C-store unlock, maybe a joint-sales agreement between him and his people could allow not only the use of his image, but also the full collection of all the songs Vic sang.

Players could turn the audio on and off.

I could talk to Vic and request one of his songs. Requests would get added to a queue. If I request something that is already in the Queue, then it would not be added twice.

And if you can't actually show Vic because he or his people say no, the music thing could still be possible.

Having James Darren in a recurring role, singing songs he would be singing anyway, had to have been a mutually beneficial thing for him and the show. Maybe he would be willing to contribute to STO which is the only way Trek is currently alive. Would it really hurt to ask?
I was about to say, "No. Totally implausible."

But if you're talking, effectively, a jukebox that people put C-Points into, I think you might have struck gold with a cool idea.

That said, a lot of those songs would be something where there would be rights issues with BOTH the songwriter and James Darren but songs could be selected that are just a negotiation with him.

I think there's probably a lot of potential for social "jukebox elements" in the 25-50 C-Points range. Just keep it to music, fluff, visuals. No mission content. No power boosts. But maybe things like the reception room at ESD getting decoed for a wedding with people in formal wear, putting on a Klingon opera. Maybe, rethinking this some, even a 30 minute set or social event for a couple of bucks?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Can I haz a Gorn stand-up comedian or a Klingon Elvis impersonator pleeeaassee ?
This is the reason people shouldn be allowed to fuzz with Star Trek...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
/signed 923810132
This increases the point of my argument...

/run 1
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I think there's probably a lot of potential for social "jukebox elements" in the 25-50 C-Points range. Just keep it to music, fluff, visuals. No mission content. No power boosts. But maybe things like the reception room at ESD getting decoed for a wedding with people in formal wear, putting on a Klingon opera. Maybe, rethinking this some, even a 30 minute set or social event for a couple of bucks?
Would that be traditional Betazoid weddings? They might have legal problems putting those in the game too :p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:35 PM.