Lt. Commander
# 1 Facility 4028 gaurd uniforms
03-05-2012, 08:03 PM
is there any chance we could get that awsome looking gaurd uniforms as a Maco varient set? I was looking at them and its basicly a maco uniform with new peices. it would be sweet to get that outfit.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Yeah! Those guards look sweet!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Very awesome uniforms indeed. Do want.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I want the inmate uniform
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Forget the uniform, I want the gun.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2012, 01:11 PM
You know what would be even cooler? If anyone wearing that uniform would cease to exist when power goes down. Imagine that!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Forget the uniform, I want the gun.
Then get it... It's the Anti Borg rifle from the Maco set.

I too would like a little more freedom when it comes to the MACO armor.

Not sure what cryptic was thinking, but no soldier (Military Assault Command Operations) would willingly jump into a white suit... Might as well paint a bullseye on your suit.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post

Not sure what cryptic was thinking, but no soldier (Military Assault Command Operations) would willingly jump into a white suit... Might as well paint a bullseye on your suit.
This is actually misleading. They named them MACO to have a ENT reference (because they had to put EVERYTHING EVER on the shows in the game, no matter if it makes sense or not ), but in the UFP there are no "soldiers" since Starfleet is not a military. And reintroducing the military (keep in mind ENT was set in pre-federation times when Earth had still a military) would be a huge, huge step backwards.

MACOs in-game are more Starfleet Elite Force officers. The bright armour fits to keep a look rather associated with a police force than a actual military.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
*tries to find enough time to even get all chars through the recent FE*

I'm workin' on it...I'm working on it!

Quote:

I know my esteemed fellow poster VangarVega and I disagree on this matter but we've been talking about the matter of old-fashioned camo here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=258117

and since we know there must have been some kind of Starfleet ground troops around after Enterprise

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/West

I think it makes sense they'd be prepared for all situations and have apropriate equipment with apropriate protection for their troops including camoflage.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-13-2012, 01:59 AM
White uniforms don't matter if you have a personal cloaking device. On topic: I would like the uniforms too, however, experience shows that they attach new looks of STF-costumes to the elite set parts and accolades. Maybe they could give us the armour as a PvP reward?

Also a really crazy idea, but the space suit made me think. I would love an item like "holographic combat armour" that looks like some tech-looking bracer but adds another icon on top of your action bars that allows you to activate it which gives you the armoured look. It would keep the hologram theme and it would be a nice and fluffy way to switch between normal uniformed look and armour.