Lt. Commander
# 11
03-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Yeah there is no way people will be purchasing another cryptic product after this
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
That means: no kdf revamp in 2012.
The numbers aren't going to change for the better.
I called this in a thread about the KDF started by the grand nagus. It shouldn't surprise you that much.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Well, he did mention a "chicken-egg-problem". That summarizes it quite nicely, doesn't it.

But guys, really: The Foundry will be greatly improved. You have the opportunity to level up your Klingon character with a completely individual story line, choosing Foundry missions as they fit you.

And if you want an epic Klingon story line? Hell, make one!

And did you get the part about "more easily making PvP maps"? That means more of them, and it could actually mean player-creatable PvP maps!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah the pvp enhancements were at least something, but when will we actually see them?
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-06-2012, 09:04 AM
If the KDF player numbers are not enough for them to expand the KDF faction that means no Rom faction, because there are currently 0 Rom players.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If the KDF player numbers are not enough for them to expand the KDF faction that means no Rom faction, because there are currently 0 Rom players.
Cryptic seems to go around in circles with the KDF content issue. Now they´re back at "not enough players play KDF". After supposedly half the team was working on KDF content and PWE was soooo dedicated to complete the faction. At least the spinning gave them another 6 months.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
I find it funny how some peeps believe this is going to happen yet completely ignore the fact that for 2 years we still do not have a full kdf faction. If they cannot get one on par with the feds, then what makes someone think they can get another two?
Becuase theres a good amount of us that want the Romulan faction...

And as others have stated, since our population is at 0% it means they will never consider it.
We are still holding on to hope. Some have accepted the idea of just rolling romulans into kdf and fed ranks...
wich is totaly absurd...I think we as the Romulans and KDF community should ask for the federation to be wiped off the face of the map with only 2 missions to do as well...this way its fair for all sides...well accept ours since we still have no side at all...

The thing here in is this, KDF wants more content...but tbh..why? at the current rate of leveling the game has taken and the length of the missions...is it even needed anymore...Say the KDF gets 10 new missions this year...they are played once...maybe twice...and than done...and it took all of like 5 hours...than we go back to the same thing thats currently inplace...wanting more content.
I think end game content should be the high priority...People need a reason to log on and play the game once they reach end game.

And...we just want to exist, content be damned at this point. We romulans will be happy with our planet and ships. I for one gladly let the kdf get all the attention they deserve so long as I can finally play the game as I want to.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The only time I think we'll see anything Romulan related is a minor faction that gives you the choice to join either the Federation or the Klingon Empire. The same goes for the Cardassians, though it's doubtful they'd even reach that point for them.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuhno
The thing here in is this, KDF wants more content...but tbh..why?
Because they want to have a story to play when they level their characters, not just the bland generic star clusters and dailies you can already do on your Fed. That said, I think its likely that there will eventually be a Rom faction. However, they will have almost no faction specific content; just the generic content that the other factions have with a green UI.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Yeah there is a glass half full view here. Even though the KDF faction is woefully lacking in content compared to Fed it still has a sizeable number of players. I've heard 15% of players which really is nothing to sneeze at given the state of the faction.

Not sure if that number is accurate though.