Lt. Commander
# 21
03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I GUESS PWE WAS LYING TO US AND CRYPTIC WHEN THEY SAID, " WE WANT A FULL KDF FACTION...."

Can't say I'm surprised one bit....

Feed the bottom line and shove the rest of us back into Monster Play with just enough shinnnies to try and distract us!!!

Now I honestly wish I had not spent money on a Lifetime subscription and find the whole debacle nothing more than a huge pile of Targ flop smashed on the highway.

Or is it against policy to express my displeasure without cursing? Cause trust me I got some choice words to use if otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Because they want to have a story to play when they level their characters, not just the bland generic star clusters and dailies you can already do on your Fed. That said, I think its likely that there will eventually be a Rom faction. However, they will have almost no faction specific content; just the generic content that the other factions have with a green UI.
Ill take it....green ugly ui and all...so long as we can finaly play our faction..
You know sometimes I wish the shoe was on the other foot for the kdf members of this community...Where as the Romulan faction was playable and the kdf wasnt, so all the kdf members could know what its like to sit for 2 years plus not being able to play the game as you wanted too from what you believed would happen towards the launch itself. And than everytime a kdf member ask when they can get their faction finaly ingame we romulans can go screaming and flailing our arms saying not until we are taken care of first...sounds a bit childish dont it?
And no the vast majority of KDF I hold in high regards, And I think it is a bum deal what has been done to their faction as a whole. It is uncalled for unjustified and straight up dirty. A very low blow.
And I can appreciate the idea of KDF wanting story, wanting to feel part of the game, to have a feeling that their character is invested on some level. But...tbh I think thats why the Foundry was made, and is going to be pushed even more soon from what we can tell from Mr Stahl's discussions on it.
We need to work together for our voices to be heard. Else ...we both die.
I posted a vid link in the where are the romulans thread in the general discussion area that best reflects "our" current situation.
I am hoping that cryptic has a little convention in vegas this summer like previously done before. I shall attend if so.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-06-2012, 09:53 AM
KDF numbers wouldn't be so bad if players could have the choice to make a KDF captain from the start. This level-gated character/class nonsense that started in CoH needs to stop, but again, that wouldn't make any sense with the lack of content.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuhno
Ill take it....green ugly ui and all...so long as we can finaly play our faction..
You know sometimes I wish the shoe was on the other foot for the kdf members of this community...Where as the Romulan faction was playable and the kdf wasnt, so all the kdf members could know what its like to sit for 2 years plus not being able to play the game as you wanted too from what you believed would happen towards the launch itself. And than everytime a kdf member ask when they can get their faction finaly ingame we romulans can go screaming and flailing our arms saying not until we are taken care of first...sounds a bit childish dont it?
Yes, saying you wish other people were unhappy because you are, does sound that way.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Yes, saying you wish other people were unhappy because you are, does sound that way.
..aaand pointing that out..., puts one near the top of the, 'not-so-charitable' list as well.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-06-2012, 10:02 AM
My one question on the comments were that they feel the FE ISN'T bringing in new players? Really? Is that why for the first 3 Saturdays the new FEs were released the server was CRASHING due to player load - and on the open instanced bajor mission you had 114 instances with between 15 - 40 players?
^^^

If that NOT indicative of bringing players into the game, then I'd like to knopw what actually is? Or is it more the fact that the FEs aren't driving players to the C-Store, and THAT'S the impoetant content in Cryptic's or PWE's eyes - e.g. MORE 'grab bags'.

I also still maintain that ANY content that doesn't reward some small amount of Dilithium Ore is effectively did-incentivising players from playing that content REGARDLESS of the nature of the content as in the new F2P model, with the majority of better gear going into the C-Store (which is indeed understandable in an F2P model); players WANT Dilithium Ore from the content they play and may feel content that doesn't reward it in some amount is in effect as waste of time.

But again, after 3 straight weeks of the server crashing under the player load; to say th new FE isn't really bring players (old and new) back to STO? Please, can I have whatever you're smooking, as it must be some amazing ****!
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
I find it funny how some peeps believe this is going to happen yet completely ignore the fact that for 2 years we still do not have a full kdf faction. If they cannot get one on par with the feds, then what makes someone think they can get another two?
^ /Agree.

And the Roms and Cardies were even less focused on haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Yeah there is no way people will be purchasing another cryptic product after this
STO is my first and LAST Crpytic product..never had faith, but I loved Star Trek so much and I could never imagine that anyone could screw up such a popular franchise. ....
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuhno
And do what?
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
And do what?
PvP, its the only thing Non-feds are good for!! Its sure not for hoping to enjoy an intriguing and imersive storyline that focuses on the part of the Genre one enjoys.

Yes, Dan Sir! Monster Player 0000001 reporting for duty!! How can I help you sucker more into playing STO?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-06-2012, 10:25 AM
I knew it. I knew it couldn't and wouldn't be true, it was a set up, they jacked the level up so they could hook more folks into Fed toons. at level 21 why would you want to start a new toon, unless you REALLY want a KDF toon. So all that hype about PWE wanting KDF and PVP? Safe to call it what it appears to be...

Nothing but lies.........

I'm sorry but at this point, That is what it seems like, yet again, we've be lied to. I hope, that folks see this when Neverwinter comes out. What is happening here, is an indication of future behavior.