Lt. Commander
So I bought a pack of keys, got a galor, put it in my bank on the alt for safe keeping. Decided I wanted a cardie so made annother alt (I'm an altaholic) an alien to look like a Cardie. Deleted the old alt with galor in the bank then promptly did a double facepalm.

Naturally I've submited a ticket, which is now a couple days old, and I'm wondering should I even risk getting my hopes up that Customer Service will recover the ship, or is that just whishful thinking? I'm sure they keep activity logs, most MMO's do. I've made similar mistakes over the years with SOE, and Turbine and didnt have any problems with CS finding and redeaming a lost item.

So my main question is, does anyone have any expierance with Cryptic on matters like this, and is it realistic to hope this will be resolved.

Thanks in advance.
Skrim72
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Send in a ticket. that is the best thing I can say to do. as for getting the stuff back. I hope you do get it back.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2012, 12:34 AM
I am not optimistic.

Maybe just maybe if you were a Gold member, or better yet a long time subscriber since launch customer support might make an exception to the rule, but I can imagine it happening to me and I honestly would not think there would be much chance of getting er back.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2012, 12:43 AM
I hope CRYPTIC proves me wrong, I really really do hope so, however; I have a feeling you're S.O.L

They do not have the best customer support - the most they would do is respond stating something like this:

"While we regret that you lost a key item, we cannot replace an item due to user options."

However; repost or give us a heads up if they do manage to resolve the issue by replacing the item. I never seen it happen, so don't get your hopes to high.

Besides I really have a feeling that they will be introducing playable Cardassians for both the Fed and KDF Factions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrim72 View Post
So I bought a pack of keys, got a galor, put it in my bank on the alt for safe keeping. Decided I wanted a cardie so made annother alt (I'm an altaholic) an alien to look like a Cardie. Deleted the old alt with galor in the bank then promptly did a double facepalm.

Naturally I've submited a ticket, which is now a couple days old, and I'm wondering should I even risk getting my hopes up that Customer Service will recover the ship, or is that just whishful thinking? I'm sure they keep activity logs, most MMO's do. I've made similar mistakes over the years with SOE, and Turbine and didnt have any problems with CS finding and redeaming a lost item.

So my main question is, does anyone have any expierance with Cryptic on matters like this, and is it realistic to hope this will be resolved.

Thanks in advance.
Skrim72
wait a minute you deleted a toon and forget you had a galor? then whats the problem? its an open and shut case, you should be more careful and its not cryptic's fault that you deleted that alt, intentional or not. why should they spend time get an item back? if they start doing it now and i can be certain there will be 300 more all waiting in line for items they lost along time ago up until recently, it would only add more tickets to the very long queue that they still have.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
wait a minute you deleted a toon and forget you had a galor? then whats the problem? its an open and shut case, you should be more careful and its not cryptic's fault that you deleted that alt, intentional or not. why should they spend time get an item back? if they start doing it now and i can be certain there will be 300 more all waiting in line for items they lost along time ago up until recently, it would only add more tickets to the very long queue that they still have.
What's with the hostility? There could very well be a medical reason that made him forget.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2012, 01:08 AM
hostility? no.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrim72 View Post
So I bought a pack of keys, got a galor, put it in my bank on the alt for safe keeping. Decided I wanted a cardie so made annother alt (I'm an altaholic) an alien to look like a Cardie.
I think what I highlighted in yellow may explain the issue - no offense to the OP, but he may have been drunk when he deleted and created his toon.

Though I think I just misinterpreted his comment :p - he is addicted to making alts
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Waaay harsh.

Mistakes happen all the time and other nameless MMO's will refund the missing item almost without even checking (though in this case I would reaaally hope they do check or they will be swamped )

If it was something that can be gained relatively easily, even through an STF or something, they might say no you can go re-farm it or whatever. Something like a Galor, which is a rare item that (potentially) has to be gained using items bought with real money, or through extortionately priced Exchange keys that had also been bought with real money, I would like to think they would take pity ...

I have little or no experience with Cryptic support but what I've read and heard doesnt fill me with hope for you mate, sorry. I do hope we are all wrong, and you are returned the Galor though
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
I have to agree. It's like people who delete bank alts in WoW only to remember they had thousands of gold and tons of epic items on it, then whine to Blizzard to get the money and stuff back. They don't, they won't, and they shouldn't.