Lt. Commander
# 21
03-06-2012, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
Teenagers curse. Young adults curse. Adults curse. Middle aged people curse. Seniors curse.

Would you tell a couple of seniors cursing about their Medicare supplemental subscription plan that they sound like a couple of X-Box kiddies?
Only if they cursed like Kiddies. I expect a much better level of Cursing from an adult.
Cursing in and of its self is an ancient and time-honored form of communication and has a time and place like anything in the world.
Its only child like when used and handled like a child.
Cursing on defeat is rarely anything but childish.
Real men curse well and know when to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-06-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera
Then why is the assignment (and reward) based on fighting the borg, rather than the opposite faction? Shouldn't there be something like 'prevent the opposite faction from capturing the borg artifact' if it is primarily a pvp zone?

Both sides competing to see who gets the most borg kills isn't 'pvp' in the context of this thread. That's like saying Gimli and Legolas were mortal enemies because they competed for most orc kills.

I am not trying to suggest that anyone engaging the opposite faction in the zone is wrong for doing so, just that anyone there to fight borg not klingons (or feds) shouldn't be derided for it.
The Open PvP aspect of Ker'rat allows one to use tactics like killing the feds/KDF to not allow them to complete the objectives set forth while simultaneously allowing the KDF/feds to complete the objectives of the zone.
The victor gets the best spoils in this situation.
Most of these slug-fests that ignore the objectives is a result of the spawn camping that goes on at respawn.
Some are just people trolling for targets to attack in a weakened condition.
Some are just people slumming it while waiting on thier premade que to pop.
Some are just there to defend thier weaker fleet mates to allow them to farm.
Being an open PvP zone it will atract all types
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-06-2012, 05:29 AM
I don't agree with the 1v1 thing. If I'm challenged and on a team, I ask they stay out of it, and I stay out of other peoples fights.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-06-2012, 06:10 AM
5 annoying things in Kerrat:

90% Feds in Kerrat arent pvpers
around 30% just AFKing
the rest are beaten by far less Klingon players
most feds does not helping
not many Klingons cares about objectives

-----

Today 10 feds was killed by 3 klings, 3 fed was afk, 7 just sucked (yes, i was one of the 7 ). Ive never seen feds poping so fast. After that, more klingons came, and started to gank the same fed continously, and just 2 feds tried to help him (including me).
I just want to say thanks for the rest of the Feds, that they didnt wanted to help the poor guy. Thats the true Federation in Kerrat........
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
Teenagers curse. Young adults curse. Adults curse. Middle aged people curse. Seniors curse.

Would you tell a couple of seniors cursing about their Medicare supplemental subscription plan that they sound like a couple of X-Box kiddies?
No, but he might facebook about it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand
is much different from "***** I ****ed your mom, you are a ***** *****, 9/11 was an inside job, **** space shuttle challenger *****"
Eep!

*goes to change passphrase on his email*
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-06-2012, 07:16 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Can you see me? Oh, now be honest, Captain, warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be? No peace in our time. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends."
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejaymac
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Nothing like a cloaked full impulse run to make last second heavy tricobalt lob at a defenseless ship. There's routinely 10-12 Starfleet pataQ camping the spawn point of the 2-3 people who actually play KDF so don't get upset when KDF manipulates circumstances with the guile and skill of a Romulan.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejaymac
I can understand not wanting to be shot at by other players when you're vulnerable. But why do you come to the ONE and ONLY zone, out of the hundreds in the game, where that is precisely built in to the design and purpose of the map?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keOU2iF626k&t=51s