Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
Given that we can now pretty much train and or trade most Bridge Officers, I must ask why is the Liberated Borg Bridge officer not tradeable anymore for cross-player training?
Seems a bit unfair and unrealistsic that I could not trade or train one BOff when I can do it with pratically ever other BOff at my disposal.

On a side note: any ideas on how to get a Borg BOff trained in EPTS3? I was thinking maybe a white BOff from the store retrained to EPTS3 and then traded to back to me train my BorgBOff?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Given that we can now pretty much train and or trade most Bridge Officers, I must ask why is the Liberated Borg Bridge officer not tradeable anymore for cross-player training?
Seems a bit unfair and unrealistsic that I could not trade or train one BOff when I can do it with pratically ever other BOff at my disposal.
Guess because lib borg boffs are still available as legacy account unlocks for everyone who brought the game from amazon. Them being tradeable would basically annihilate any cstore sells.

Quote:
I was thinking maybe a white BOff from the store retrained to EPTS3 and then traded to back to me train my BorgBOff?
Doesn't work. You can only train active boffs. And an active boff can't be used to train other officers. So unless your an engineer yourself it's afaik impossible to get EPTS3 onto your borg bo.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneemann View Post
Guess because lib borg boffs are still available as legacy account unlocks for everyone who brought the game from amazon. Them being tradeable would basically annihilate any cstore sells.

Doesn't work. You can only train active boffs. And an active boff can't be used to train other officers. So unless your an engineer yourself it's afaik impossible to get EPTS3 onto your borg bo.
Poop. It would have been nice to have that EPTS3 to go with it having A2S3.
Thank you for the response. Guess I hope and wait for one with EPTS3 on the exchange........
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Guess I hope and wait for one with EPTS3 on the exchange........
You won't find it on the exchange - there are no generic BOs with the EPt(x)3 skills since those are trainable by other players... just not to your borg BO. Guess you'll have to settle with an efficient saurian since they can be trained by another player.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 07:17 PM
This just brings up the annoyance with some abilities not being normally trainable, or reasonably so.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Most likely because it was too much work to keep track of which ones were "legacy" and which were per-character.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 09:39 PM
All of the special BOFFs from STFs/FEs or direct C-store/vet purcases (Both Borgs, Breen, Reman, Photonic, and Androids) can't be traded.

It only goes to show how inadequate the current BOFF training method is, and how badly it needs to be overhauled. While it's nice to get BOFFs trained with skills a Captain can't learn, the current method of training is sub-optimal.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
All of the special BOFFs from STFs/FEs or direct C-store/vet purcases (Both Borgs, Breen, Reman, Photonic, and Androids) can't be traded.

It only goes to show how inadequate the current BOFF training method is, and how badly it needs to be overhauled. While it's nice to get BOFFs trained with skills a Captain can't learn, the current method of training is sub-optimal.
This. I really dislike the trade-to-train model in general, let alone the ramifications for non-tradeable BOFFs.

If they provided skill vendors who could train all of those skills, it would be a non-issue.

What if there were special skill vendors in the game that were specific to that type of non-tradeable BOFF?

You would only be able to take the Borg BO's to a Borg skill vendor, or a Breen BO to a Breen skill vendor, for example.

Still, a trade-independent Training UI that allowed us to train another player's BO's as well as our own would be a better option.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Well, i bought the liberated borg from cstore last night, and got really disappointed when i noticed i could not trade it to my other character to train it.

The desciption said something like "if you trade it bla bla ", so i thought you actually could trade it between players. But i guess it meant the box she came in. heh

But yea, i agree, there should be another system for bofftraining that require another player.

Im thinking about the enchanting profession from world of ********. Place the boff in a "none-trade" slot within the tradewindow, then the player with the skill i want can open the Train officer utility, and the boff in the tradeslot pops up in the list too.

Or..

Make a none-trade boff mailable account-wide only, so i can train it myself with powers from my other characters.

Or do both ways.

Bah.. i was so wanting to get turret 3 and eps3. She is a borg, but not efficient enough.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2012, 03:54 PM
As other have mentioned before about this issue, we should have a training window for BOFF training. That way we can put our bound boffs in the training window, have a payment option, and have the other person train the BOFF in the skill. Other games do it for enchanting items.