Lt. Commander
# 1 N00b to Tribble Server
03-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi y'all,

I finally got my STO Forum account reactivated, and jhave been on F2P for awhile and joined the public testing server

I am not sure what I'm supposed to do in there or what I can do there... are there specific dates we all meet up to test stuff or just go in whenever we want, and should some things be available?

Like I am at ESD at the shipyard, found a console to look at experimental ships but none are accessible to purchase by me?

Is there like a FAQ or something I should see?

Appreciate any serious responses instead of telling me to look harder
--Medalion2889
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medalion
Hi y'all,

I finally got my STO Forum account reactivated, and jhave been on F2P for awhile and joined the public testing server

I am not sure what I'm supposed to do in there or what I can do there... are there specific dates we all meet up to test stuff or just go in whenever we want, and should some things be available?

Like I am at ESD at the shipyard, found a console to look at experimental ships but none are accessible to purchase by me?

Is there like a FAQ or something I should see?

Appreciate any serious responses instead of telling me to look harder
--Medalion2889
The Tribble Announcements and Release Notes section tells you the new stuff to look for. The consoles of which you speak only have the new ships for testing when there are new ships to test. Right now, there are none.

Have fun and good (bug) hunting!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Another advantage to the tribble server is that is can be used to test drive any changes you plan on making to your character on holodeck.

Major changes such as switching ships, or respeccing your character, can prove costly if you're unhappy with the results. Testing planned changes on tribble allows you to avoid wasting resources on the holodeck live server.

Zero, Speaking of the Experiemental Ships console, will the flagship variants be available via it for testing?