Lt. Commander
# 1 New Fighter Craft for the KDF?
02-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Dear Cryptic Devs, I was thinking that seems how we are releasing the Yellowstone for the Feds maybe a new small craft for the Klingons could be a nice C-Store addition as well. In particular I was wondering if we could get a S'kul fighter (like the ones the Kar'Fi uses). It could be rather similar to the To'duj fighter with some sort of slight gimmick. (Maybe an engine that allows it to do a really vicious ram? That seems to be their major thing.)

The look of the thing alone is almost worth it considering they are vicious and fiery little fighters.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2012, 12:44 AM
We need the Klingon equivalent of Kamikaze.

One way fighters who crash into enemy hulls... instead of waiting to die in the targets death throes.

They gonna die anyways.

Might as well be more upfront and directly suicidal imo.

This has nothing to do with my being Commanding Officer of the KDF Sentient Biological Guided Weapons Squadron.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2012, 09:45 AM
We have one fighter already in the Cstore...shuttles at the requisition officer.
After 2 years we have only 2 missions we need shuttles/fighters for, 1 of which just came out 2 days ago.
I guess if you just want another ship pet following you around....
Me personally, see no need to have another shuttle/fighter just because the Feds got one...

I rather see more missions...maybe some of those that are listed as being developed "from the Klingon perspective" in the future updates.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
We have one fighter already in the Cstore...shuttles at the requisition officer.
After 2 years we have only 2 missions we need shuttles/fighters for, 1 of which just came out 2 days ago.
Me personally, see no need to have another shuttle/fighter just because the Feds got one...

I rather see more missions...maybe some of those that are listed as being developed "from the Klingon perspective" in the future updates.
Guess you are talking to the OP.

As someone in a PVP based faction who likes to PVP, the PVE mission as does questing in general, bores me to death. I did do the starting ground tutorial tho. Haven't touched a quest since.

Am still wanting Klingonkazes...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post

I have PvP'ed in a shuttle a few times and it was a blast. We do not just need missions for them, though more would be nice. We have plenty of KDF normal ships but in the small ship department we are sorely out numbered.

Federation of Planets: Type 8, Type 10, Type F, Delta Flyer, Captain's Yacht, Peregrine Fighter, Danube Runabout, Yellowstone Runabout, and the Tal'kyr.

Klingon Empire: Toron, Duj'hod, To'duj

Anyone else see a huge discrepancy there? It would make some sense for the Klingons to have a great suicide ramming shuttle anyway. Maybe if they have to abandon ship they hop into one of those bad-boys and do whatever they can to take the enemy with them! An Honorable Death to be sure. Perhaps in addition to just being able to ram hard the S'kul could have an automatic Abandon Ship style double core blast to really add as much BANG for its Buck.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2012, 02:37 PM
The Feds only have 2 missions for which you'd take a shuttle for, The vault and the new 2800 Mission whose name escapes me.

And they have 7 of the things. The point is, I'd like shuttles to be more useful so it's worthwhile having them, and I'd like Klingons to actually have a Shuttle craft. I'm thinking some ultra small BOP to be comparable to a runabout, and yes that means a Battle Cloak. Shuttle only PVP could be an interesting concept, and an easy one to implement.

I'll admit that one of the shuttles you need to buy a whole ship for.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2012, 05:32 PM
yeah, it would have been super easy to make a new shuttle for the kdf. THEY HAVE THEM ALREADY.
The Karfi has one. the Marauder has one. The flight deck cruisers have them.

They didn't have the resources. They said "if there was a faction that we get more of a bang for a buck for, its the federation". Forgetting that the reason why they get more of a bang with the feds is because they aren't putting any effort into the kdf faction and nobody thinks that will change.

And players want to play romulan, eh? Because cryptic will make the faction and will give it even less care than the kdf.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-06-2012, 06:48 PM
I'd like something in the runabout category... perhaps a gunship?
It could fly close and beam a whole mess o' troops aboard.

And for some reason the Toron shuttle doesn't appear for me at the shipyards, I don't know why, so I can't even have one of those.