Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-13-2012, 12:06 AM
You could ask the same about the starship designs. A lot of them are far too old to be using.

Even the sovereign is too old really. Though in some cases old designs are kept for a while (Excelsior)
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teraniku
I'd be happy if the tricorder could find mission objectives instead of just anomalies.
For what it's worth, the tricorder does point you toward the nearest objective or anomaly.
(If the scan beam is long and narrow, it's far away; if it's short and wide, it's near.)
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-14-2012, 11:41 AM
I think it might be time to look at the tricorder, see what we can do.
whether that means making the one we have better, make a new one, or making additional ones. I'll see what I can do. and let you, know.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-14-2012, 11:55 AM
How about tricorders that can be upgraded?

http://www.oldlordskull.com/tricorder.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Wall
whether that means making the one we have better, make a new one, or making additional ones. I'll see what I can do. and let you, know.
Just don't replace the current one, please.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
"Gentlemen, we can rebuild them. We have the technology. We have the capability to make a new tricorder. Better than they were before. Better...stronger...faster." (smaller?)

Daaa naa naa nuuuhhhhh naa na na na naa naaa naa nuuuhhhhh!

>.>
Lt. Commander
# 27 Occam's razor
03-14-2012, 12:20 PM
other things being equal, a simpler explanation is better than a more complex one.

simply put, Star Trek's golden era has always been TNG, that is why we had twenty-one years of shows set in the TNG ( not including the movies ) era. Cryptic and CBS have gravitated to it's popularity and banked off it. We currently sit in a highly polished but stagnate state of TNG, we've not advanced much further than where we left off at the end of Next Gen, sure they've folded in some of the advancements that came along in DS9 and Voyager but it's still all just window dressing.

It feels as if we stopped advancing when the TNG/DS9/Voy era ended. it's been nearly thirty one years in universe, but it feels nothing like that in game. I'd almost say it's a reverse shock to the system of what the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-C's crew felt when they encountered the Enterprise-D.

but I digress... without a huge universe shattering event we'll forever be stuck in a TNG inspired and modeled setting. The Enterprise-F is a nice move forward sure, but will we see more advancements or will we forever be stuck in time period not quite our own?
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
I think the real question is why are all Klingons using outdated Federation Tricorders as well :p

I've seen Klingon Tricorders in game, they just aren't used in most instances - such as the KDF Academy Scanning Event.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
I think the real question is why are all Klingons using outdated Federation Tricorders as well :p

I've seen Klingon Tricorders in game, they just aren't used in most instances - such as the KDF Academy Scanning Event.
I know . this is sad I made the art for it and it still hasn't gotten hooked up. I will look into this today
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
I know . this is sad I made the art for it and it still hasn't gotten hooked up. I will look into this today
Thanks a lot! I was very happy to finally see Klingon Tricorders so good job regardless. Noticed it with the Qo'noS First City revamp.