Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Ok, after much goofing off and chasing down I FINALLY got the game to patch and fire up.

I get s swag of messages and changes happen and am told to respend my skill points. So I went ahead, spent 3 hours checking my bridge officers and getting all the right skill spending the points in the skills I want but when I spend as many as I possibly can the Accept and Reset buttons are greyed out. So how do I spend my skill points?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palathas
Ok, after much goofing off and chasing down I FINALLY got the game to patch and fire up.

I get s swag of messages and changes happen and am told to respend my skill points. So I went ahead, spent 3 hours checking my bridge officers and getting all the right skill spending the points in the skills I want but when I spend as many as I possibly can the Accept and Reset buttons are greyed out. So how do I spend my skill points?
Are you trying to spend your captain's skill points at a respec guy? Because that won't work.

Also, I'm going to suggest this be moved into the bugs forum.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Make sure you've spent enough on ground traits... you need to have a certain amount spent in each section, and then basically use them all or nearly all (up to maybe 500 or 1000 left from total?) to be able to use the accept button.

Respeccing after the reset was quite an exercise in frustration, as I recall. Especially when you add a point in something by accident that you didn't want in one of the random powers that won't allow you to minus it back out, so I had to start the respec over from scratch, etc. I think it took me 4 tries on one character.

That's about all I can really say from memory.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2012, 01:02 AM
My KDF character Nula is having similar problems. I noticed whilst flying around that I had not spent any skill points. So I started adding them in sector space, until I got to a point where I wanted to do something else. So I foolishly clicked "Save" before having assigned all the points, forgetting that this would in effect be considered the final outcome.

So, with more than half of my skill points still to spend (Nula is at level 50) I ventured home back to First City to see the skill retrainer. Opening up that dialog window, I see that I have 10 respec tokens, so it should be no problem for me to continue to add skill points and save them without having to buy anything. However, nothing I can do will make the "Accept" button enable - I've tried spending all, and removing all first, but nothing seems to work.

There also appear to be some strange things going on with validation whereby tier limit error messages are being triggered when they shouldn't be - possibly related, but it just seems that for this character the whole screen is b0rked.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2012, 07:15 PM
I am having the same problem. I was away from the game for about one year. I come back and try to reset my points to the new skill matrix and each time I click Accept it takes me back to square one.

I tried going gold but that didn't help. I thought maybe there was some restriction on silver players but I still can't set my skill points. Please help!