Lt. Commander
# 51
03-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWackyWombat View Post
Heh, good luck with that.

For me, the draw of the Sovereign has always been the balance between offense, defense and mobility. The other Fed cruisers may have it beat in one, or more of these fields, but only at the expense of others. I really don't want to see a +1 version built to compete with Odd, which has it's weaknesses even with the upgrades, but rather some small tweaks to the current form which make it just a little bit better.
Thats what I said in my previous post. Just improve a little on the sovy +1 the basic bits e.g. hull strength, turn rate etc and maybe a speical console and bump up the tac boff or add a another science boff and improve the look and there you go. It is a well balanced ship.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Thats what I said in my previous post. Just improve a little on the sovy +1 the basic bits e.g. hull strength, turn rate etc and maybe a speical console and bump up the tac boff or add a another science boff and improve the look and there you go. It is a well balanced ship.
I totally agree with you. I still think the Sovereign is an awesome balance of offense, defense, and manuverability. It just needs a little extra like a special ability or console. Not sure I'll like it if they changed the Boff stations to a point that it loses that balance.
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuhno
Actually somewhere...god forgive me its 240 am so.mind stopped mostly but that was the reasoning..she was built with a sleeker design..given quantums as the standard choice torp and family was removed. The birg were the reasoning behind her design...else it wouldnt appear as it did in first contact anyway i think its on the dvd commentary tbh. Her station slot warranted no higher than a lt tactical tho...guess thry didnt get the memo from cryptic or used a hax to place worf at tactical to get that high yield 3.
Actually, it's because it's the Enterprise.

See, you'd think that Starfleet ranks go from Captain through the various Admirals, ending at Fleet Admiral, and nominally it does. However, the Captain of the Enterprise outranks everyone and unlocks cool special abilities like "Break the Laws of Physics," "Nobility of Humanity Speech," and "Ignore Starfleet/Federation Protocol and Get Away With It," the latter of which is what Picard used to get Worf's full capabilities at the tactical station.

Also, I would love a +1 Sovereign... though I was under the impression that the Typhoon was going to be released "soon" and it seems to have similar design lines and role to the Sovvy... possible fifth skin?
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceJim View Post
I totally agree with you. I still think the Sovereign is an awesome balance of offense, defense, and manuverability. It just needs a little extra like a special ability or console. Not sure I'll like it if they changed the Boff stations to a point that it loses that balance.
Same here. See the problem when discuss about the sovy is that everyone has come up with the same ideas as other players have on other threads about the sovy and that it. The sovy +1 should defiantly have a special console to make it unique.

If the typhoon is coming out I am okay with that but having it as a skin, No thanks! I can think of better skins for the sovy+1 then that if the devs decide to only add one more skin. No offence the typhoon is an okay ship but if there was one room for one more skin I rather they go with the picture myself and another player has posted of the 2nd phase, final phase, nemesis refit design because 1) It is the has to be in here since they had to take it out of nemesis 2) Looks alot better.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Also I think an added science console would be brilliant for the plus+1 sovy if the devs decide not to add the ltc console.
It also fits what was stated in "The Path to 2409" about the upgrades the E-E received which were mostly to her scientific abilities:

The Path to 2409: 2385

"With much of the senior staff off ship and its role in flux, the Enterprise-E is assigned to the shipyards of Utopia Planitia for an extensive refit.
The Starfleet Corps of Engineers reports that the refit will take at least a year to complete because they are going to use the ship as a testing
ground for new technology. Among the new equipment will be the advanced sensor array first tested on Luna-class starships, which has
been approved for retrofitting onto other classes of ships."
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-10-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
It also fits what was stated in "The Path to 2409" about the upgrades the E-E received which were mostly to her scientific abilities:

The Path to 2409: 2385

"With much of the senior staff off ship and its role in flux, the Enterprise-E is assigned to the shipyards of Utopia Planitia for an extensive refit.
The Starfleet Corps of Engineers reports that the refit will take at least a year to complete because they are going to use the ship as a testing
ground for new technology. Among the new equipment will be the advanced sensor array first tested on Luna-class starships, which has
been approved for retrofitting onto other classes of ships."
Exactly. Wonder what stats improvement will the sovy+1 have.
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-10-2012, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Exactly. Wonder what stats improvement will the sovy+1 have.
Given the advanatages the "+1 flagships" have over their respective 2nd anniversary incarnations probably a console slot and perhaps a minor improvment in the BOFF arrangement.
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-10-2012, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Given the advanatages the "+1 flagships" have over their respective 2nd anniversary incarnations probably a console slot and perhaps a minor improvment in the BOFF arrangement.
While it might be naive, I'm holding out hope, should it come to pass, that there's a boost in energy bonuses ala the Excelsior Refit, a boost in turn (ala the Excelsior refit again), and a slight boost to hull and (maybe) shields. Might post a little more on this.

Honestly, the bonus console is just gravy, at least for me. I'd pick up the ship even without it if it had some decent improvements.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_1999
While it might be naive, I'm holding out hope, should it come to pass, that there's a boost in energy bonuses ala the Excelsior Refit, a boost in turn, and a slight boost to hull and (maybe) shields. Might post a little more on this.

Honestly, the bonus console is just gravy. I'd pick up the ship even without it if it had some decent improvements.
HMM, the IMO biggest issue is of course that there will be most likely numerous +1 ships for Tier5 in the future.
So whatever they'll do with the Sovereign will (have to) be balanced with whatever they do with the other ships.
So a boost in x component will need to be countered by an similar boost to component x or y on another ship.
IMO the most obvious way to go would be this:
on the flagships the ensign was "upgraded" from a specific type to a universal
possibly on other ships it will be "upgraded" to a lieutenant instead.
So on the Sovy you'd end up with to lt. TACs.
At least this way you could combine for example FAW2 with HY2.
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_1999
While it might be naive, I'm holding out hope, should it come to pass, that there's a boost in energy bonuses ala the Excelsior Refit, a boost in turn (ala the Excelsior refit again), and a slight boost to hull and (maybe) shields. Might post a little more on this.

Honestly, the bonus console is just gravy, at least for me. I'd pick up the ship even without it if it had some decent improvements.
Perhaps one of the buffs we'll see is a snall increase in hull from 39000 to 40000. I've notice that the Galaxy refits and Dreadnaught has a hull of 40000 compared to 39000 for the Assault cruiser, Star Cruisers, and the Excelsior refit.

What sort of energy bonus has the excelsior refit receive?