Lt. Commander
# 21
03-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEELTHETHUNDER
Very tired of not being able to use commander level Boff abilities from all specialties on all my tier 5 ships. It's just wrong.
Agreed....
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Speaking of the X, did you guys ever encounter the Mirror X in the deep space encounters around DS9?

The Mirror X had access to Gravity Well 3, Torpedo Spread 3 and I believe Engineering Team 3.

The Mirror X was a true Beast

You could not out run it and you could not solo it.

Id kill to have the Boff Layout of the Mirror X on our X

If I could set the Boff layout for the X it would go something like this

Commander Engineering
Lt. Commander Tactical
Lt. Science
Lt. Tactical
Ensign Engineering

IMO this would be a Practical Layout for an Exploration Cruiser converted to a warship and should be the layout that KDF battle Cruisers have has well.

Anyone have any idea what the Mirror X Boff layout had to be, my best guess would be this:

Commander Science
Lt. Commander Tactical
Lt. Commander Engineering
Lt. Tactical
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
Speaking of the X, did you guys ever encounter the Mirror X in the deep space encounters around DS9?

The Mirror X had access to Gravity Well 3, Torpedo Spread 3 and I believe Engineering Team 3.

The Mirror X was a true Beast

You could not out run it and you could not solo it.

Id kill to have the Boff Layout of the Mirror X on our X

If I could set the Boff layout for the X it would go something like this

Commander Engineering
Lt. Commander Tactical
Lt. Science
Lt. Tactical
Ensign Engineering

IMO this would be a Practical Layout for an Exploration Cruiser converted to a warship and should be the layout that KDF battle Cruisers have has well.

Anyone have any idea what the Mirror X Boff layout had to be, my best guess would be this:

Commander Science
Lt. Commander Tactical
Lt. Commander Engineering
Lt. Tactical
My layot of choice would be:

LtCmdr Tac
Cmdr Engineering
Lt Engineering
Lt Science

I also don't understand why people are so afraid of the Spinal Lance...
Use FBP and a fdread has to eat a considerable amount of its own fire power.
In my case my shields would drop immediately...
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
My layot of choice would be:

LtCmdr Tac
Cmdr Engineering
Lt Engineering
Lt Science

I also don't understand why people are so afraid of the Spinal Lance...
Use FBP and a fdread has to eat a considerable amount of its own fire power.
In my case my shields would drop immediately...
Lt Cmdr Tac
Ensign Tac
Cmdr eng
Lt Cmdr Eng
Lt Cmdr sci
Ensign Sci

Balanced, reasonable, and...logical.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Lt Cmdr Tac
Ensign Tac
Cmdr eng
Lt Cmdr Eng
Lt Cmdr sci
Ensign Sci

now THIS i could useand roll in hard like a tank knowing my raw DPS from tactical and various self heal eng ability's would cover me and still be able to have an extra sci officer for extra low level exotic attacks and gravity well etc. while leaving a spare slot specifically for science team to regen shields.

But to truly take advantage of the raw power of the Galaxy X you would require a swap out of the tac ensign for a Lt slot to take advantage of the various cannon skills but if this were the standard set up the GX would utterly dominate in PVP
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Lt Cmdr Tac
Ensign Tac
Cmdr eng
Lt Cmdr Eng
Lt Cmdr sci
Ensign Sci

Nice try for sarcasm, but please note that you are loosing TWO boff abilities in my variant, and not just one
namely, an ensign and engineering ltcmdr ability. And yeah something like that would be balanced, especially compared to the flagships
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I look forward to killing a lot of separating GXes and laughing quietly as they rage.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
Nice try for sarcasm, but please note that you are loosing TWO boff abilities in my variant, and not just one
namely, an ensign and engineering ltcmdr ability. And yeah something like that would be balanced, especially compared to the flagships
Eh...right. I wasn't being sarcastic. I was expressing my opinion about what I would prefer.

I have well trained Boffs I have spent good energy and skill points on. I can't use most of their commander level skills or even some of their lt commander skills on my dread or other T5 ships. My plan would allow tags to be much more effective in a cruiser that is currently allowed.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-11-2012, 07:43 PM
I am going to be really disappointed in Cryptic if the Saucer separation ability requires the purchase of a special console. The ship is already 2000 CP (or did they reduce it to 1600?).

Hopefully, those who want the separation will just have to either buy the galaxy pack or buy the Galaxy-R (which many of us already own). They should also let us put the cloaking device on the Galaxy-R.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-11-2012, 07:57 PM
I have posted up a vote of sorts for getting the Dread a LT. Commander Tactical Station along with the Ensign Station... Which would Balance it out better for Both Tactical and Engineering..

Despite the Fact this ship has it's flaws and **Turns like Bus** lol.. I love it!!

My only real dissappointment is as forementioned and... Only Three Tac Console Slots... Which I state out right I can live without the Forth.. But would definitley love to see a LT. Commander Station..