Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-07-2012, 10:32 AM
I've run into people like that myself, most recently someone who's initals are KLP, spen an entire KA Space run, yelling and screaming into Mic, and yelling obscenties because he though we should all be in the right side first instead of the left, which is how it's been done 99% of the time when I've played. Added that little schmuck to the ignore list.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
I've run into people like that myself, most recently someone who's initals are KLP, spen an entire KA Space run, yelling and screaming into Mic, and yelling obscenties because he though we should all be in the right side first instead of the left, which is how it's been done 99% of the time when I've played. Added that little schmuck to the ignore list.
One of the reasons i'm glad I don't use the voice chat. It's one thing reading their nonsense it's another having their voices in my head. (Plenty of voices up there anyways, I don't need anymore )

And yea definitely gotta love that ignore feature.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
I've run into people like that myself, most recently someone who's initals are KLP, spen an entire KA Space run, yelling and screaming into Mic, and yelling obscenties because he though we should all be in the right side first instead of the left, which is how it's been done 99% of the time when I've played. Added that little schmuck to the ignore list.

It's not just the 'unqualified' taking command of STF runs but the same thing happens in simplier missions like CE too.

I saw a huge group of random PUGs once took down a CE to about 20% in short order because everyone obviously took the time to read up on how to defeat it on STOwiki. Things were going quite well and people for once seemed to know what to target and with what weapon.

Next moment I knew 3-4 people were typing orders and insults to everyone in ALL CAPS and results spoke for themselves - the CE regenerated to 75% over the next ten minutes as the casualty rate soared and no one intercepted the small fragments returning to heal the CE anymore.

Effective leadership does not mean being the loudest person in the team... getting the facts right is more important.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetheon
Congrats Einstein as of the shortness of time I HAVE played this game as A) you can see by my date B) I've stated I'm A new player already if you would of read to begin with that you quoted yourself....rofl!

And I'll even use your logic: This thread was about A veteran player that insisted on calling everyone noobs.... soooo with YOUR logic he is A noob then....Which was the point I was making to begin with.

PS: I also noticed the similarity of your name to that of the player mentioned as your join date.....As this thread seems to bother you so much to troll it, perhaps you are him.
I was agreeing with you, Einstein. >>sigh<<
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetheon
Congrats Einstein as of the shortness of time I HAVE played this game as A) you can see by my date B) I've stated I'm A new player already if you would of read to begin with that you quoted yourself....rofl!

And I'll even use your logic: This thread was about A veteran player that insisted on calling everyone noobs.... soooo with YOUR logic he is A noob then....Which was the point I was making to begin with.

PS: I also noticed the similarity of your name to that of the player mentioned as your join date.....As this thread seems to bother you so much to troll it, perhaps you are him.
I don't think he was acting with troll-like behavior. I looked like he was agreeing with you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-08-2012, 12:16 AM
people just have to learn that you can't play STO like it's a call of duty game, or even WOW. Yelling and cussing might fly in other games, but not here.

It's like those people actually think all games have the same exact "gaming culture", but that's not true. Each MMO has it own feel, culture and stuff. So what's acceptable in other games doesn't always jive with certain games. They have to think about the context of the game... in war games like Call of duty it's more acceptable to cuss since you're basically an army guy in the game. however games like STO... it's Star trek personified. And what was the last time on star trek that you saw captains acting like a ten-year-old who just recently discovered curse words? So yeah, not really acceptable here as seeing it's not very professional for Captains to do that .XD

Just have to explain that to those guys.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-08-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraMoon
And what was the last time on star trek that you saw captains acting like a ten-year-old who just recently discovered curse words? So yeah, not really acceptable here as seeing it's not very professional for Captains to do that .XD

Just have to explain that to those guys.
Acting like a Captain (like some try to do at all times in game, with all its responsibilities) is part of roleplaying really.

RP to me doesn't involve sitting at Quark's on a Saturday night on Instance No. 1. Roleplaying as what I do is simply emulating a canon style Star Trek officer as he or she performs her honourable duty to Starfleet.

Translate that to teamplay and communications with others and ... I don't see anything about 'acting' canon that detracts from my gaming experience.

Quite the contrary, it builds friendship and it builds superb teamwork.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-08-2012, 12:33 AM
exactly my point. in other games, you can cuss at people and act immature all you want because it doesn't impact your gameplay.

here... acting that way will get you killed a lot on Star Trek all the time. which is kind of realstic, actually.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraMoon
here... acting that way will get you killed a lot on Star Trek all the time. which is kind of realstic, actually.


Unless you're playing a Klingon, then it's perfectly adequate to use words like 'pataQ'

But all the KDF players I've met were friendly and polite. LOL.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraMoon
exactly my point. in other games, you can cuss at people and act immature all you want because it doesn't impact your gameplay.

here... acting that way will get you killed a lot on Star Trek all the time. which is kind of realstic, actually.
You know... Thoose people who cuss at people and acti immature in other games... usually they are silenced there too..

Even in silly games such as Counter Strike, back when that still was hot, I simply shut off their voice in-game.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:43 PM.